probs against chaos. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

probs against chaos.

i played a game against chaos recently. even though i won, i did have some problems.

1. i cant destroy those stupid chaos vehicals. he has two, but still. plus the defiler is a pain. can an indirect fire weapon still fire normally?

2. terminators no prob.

3. berzerkers no pron. 50 rapid firing lasguns will kill anything(well 7 berzerkers first volley, then finished them off next turn)

4. oblits no prob.

5. plague marines no prob.

6. havocs w/ auto cannons anoying against vehicals.

thanks in advance.

That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Well, gonna need some more information. First, what army are you playing, and what does it look like (just generalties is okay)? You're posting in the Chaos forums, which makes me assume you played a Chaos versus Chaos game.... but then you mention Lasguns, which makes me assume Imperial Guard. If that's the case... wouldn't you get better results from asking them?

How many points?

As for the Defiler, yes it can. It's not required to fire Indirectly. What was the other vehicle? Mutated Hull Predator?

The Autocannon Havocs - are you saying they're annoying for you, or annoying for him?

I'd like to help out, but gonna need some more information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin View Post
    Well, gonna need some more information. First, what army are you playing, and what does it look like (just generalties is okay)? You're posting in the Chaos forums, which makes me assume you played a Chaos versus Chaos game.... but then you mention Lasguns, which makes me assume Imperial Guard. If that's the case... wouldn't you get better results from asking them?

How many points?

As for the Defiler, yes it can. It's not required to fire Indirectly. What was the other vehicle? Mutated Hull Predator?

The Autocannon Havocs - are you saying they're annoying for you, or annoying for him?

I'd like to help out, but gonna need some more information.
    sorry, i'm such a ditz:rolleyes:. anyway i am playing space marines with daemon hunters allies. the army is very vehical/ infantry heavy. mostly mobile, offensive(not only assualt though). several infiltraters and deepstriking units. the reason i asked chaos is that, chaos players know thier own armies alot better than some opponents do. i think thier experiance would be more valuable advice.

large game: about 4500pt, 2 detachments.

vehicals: defiler w/ everything, pred w/ everything.

sorry for the lack of info, i'm just spacy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Chaos vehicles can be a pain to take out, but if they go all out with ups they are very expensive. A Defiler can fire indirectly or normally (if he paid for indirect) and a Predator just spits out tons of firepower.

Your best bet is to either get a melta or two in range or pound it with lascannons. A Pred can get up to AV14 on the front with mutated hull, Defiler can go to Av13. Parasitic Possession can help them regrow weapons and recover from immobilization. Other than that, they're like any other vehicle, heavy firepower will take them down.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x3)

well seeing as you only mentioned having a problem with two of the units, the defiler and the havocs, i'd say use lascannons and the like on the defiler and then either deep-strike termies on the havocs or assault them with something

Member of the Fluffmasters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by alexpape7 View Post
    i am playing space marines with daemon hunters allies.
    Didnt you mention something about lasguns? How do you have lasguns in a space marine/daemon hunters army? That should be all bolter action. Right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x3)

It should. Maybe he used hellguns from the storm troopers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPappaNurgle View Post
    Didnt you mention something about lasguns? How do you have lasguns in a space marine/daemon hunters army? That should be all bolter action. Right?
    daemon hunters can take inducted imperial guard. now i know your thinking "what? you can't do that"
    actually i can. i posted this up earlier on the daemon hunters forum, and i got about ten veteran players agreeing that this was perfectly legal. also, everyone at my hobby club also agrees with this.

- here is the reason for confusion. in the Daemon hunters rule book, it says "you may not take inducted imperial guard and take inducted space marines". now i know you are thinking,"what, it just said you can't take them with space marines" well, actually it says you can't take them with space marines selected by a daemon hunter army(or in other words inducted), however you can include them as part of daemon hunter allies of space marines. also, aperently, inducted imperial guard do not count as a seperate ally(such as taking anouther list and combining it like with the allies system) but are actually just anouther unit type that daemon hunters have access to, and thierfore you are not breaking the rules for having more than one allied army. thats how the peeps on the daemon hunters forum explained it to me.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by alexpape7 View Post

vehicals: defiler w/ everything, pred w/ everything.

sorry for the lack of info, i'm just spacy.
    A little more information needed. Chaos has lots of vehicle upgrades. Which ones exactly?

Daemonic Possession?
    Daemonic Mutation?
    Parasitic Possession?
    Etc?
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x3)

well if you have IG, i find that a russ is the best anti-tank weapon i've ever used. 2D6 for armor penetration, in addition to the already formidable strength

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast