Chaos newbie wants Lustwing!!! needs help... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos newbie wants Lustwing!!! needs help...

Hello all! I am new to this forum and am excited to be a member. I am getting interested in starting a new army. I want something very different from my Tyranids that I have designed to be a competitive. I want an elite (few models) themed army list. The allure of Slaanesh has proven to be too much. I want a Lustwing army but I am not sure how to field terminators. I have a codex and have read it thoroughly as well as the GW FAQs but I am still not understanding. I get the max number vs pts limit. But some of the rest is not clear. Do all terminators go in an elite slot? So in 1500 pts I have to have a mega squad of 20? How many different squads of terminators can I field in a MoS 1500 pt list? Thx for any help you can provide. Happy hunting!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

30 terminators is usually able to be stuffed into a 1500 point army if you like them.

They can only be seperated into 3 squads though and 1 of those must be led by a lord an another by a lieutenant. New chaos codex will probably change that.

Slaanesh tends to be shooty so use a lot of cheap termies /w the maximum number of those cool slaanesh guns. Then start including noise marines and havocs /w big guns. For HQ either a cheap Lt. or a Keeper of Secrets. Once you get to bigger games slaaneshi princes can get nasty.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

looking around the ship cuz those damn nurglings stole my bolter again
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and welcome!
    You don't have to have a "mega squad of 20" in 1500pts, you can choose to just have 18 and have 3 units of 6 or one of 12 and one of 6 or a units of 18 to keep the units favored. If I remember right each seperate units takes up one elite slot as normal. Slaanesh termies can be quite nasty if you give them sonic weaponry as they can always fire on the heavy setting whilst moving and are no slouches in combat either and this is further improved by their Warp Scream ability. Hope this helps

P. S. Welcome to the Dark Side

PAZ
    EDIT// Dang, LordLink beat me to it. Also where did you see you can have 30 chosen in a 1500pts list. My dex says max of 20,...maybe i missed something..
    Last edited by Power Armored Zombie; February 14th, 2007 at 05:42.
    Clarity through Corruption

"Victims...aren't we all?"

"Revenge is a meal best served cold."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to get termies you'll have to use chosen (though im sure you already know that) my understanding of them is a little limited but from what i know you are correct about the max that you can field. but i think (and this is where im not quite as sure) you can split them into 3 squads... i think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx for the replies! So if I follow the two retinues and 1 elite squad I can field:

HQ: Lord + retinue of six

HQ: Lt + retinue of six

Elite: 5 terms + free AC

In the 2 HQ squads is there really a reason to take the free AC. Doesn't seem to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Your squad details are spot on

The free asp champ is always worth it.

This is for access to the armoury and of course that extra attack. He can get daemonic strength very cheap, and he can take the slaaneshi banner, which is very good for deepstriking terminators as everyone shoots them the turn they arrive.

Terminators with WBB is a scary prospect.

Just remember.. you'll need normal troops too. At about 300 per squad (including characters) that's already left you with just 600 ish points to play with.

Probably best to fill them with daemonettes to get that genuine lust wing feeling.

You could have an entirely deepstriking and summoning army. I find this concept most appealing.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Like Karmoon said, it's probably best to fill your 2 troop slots with daemonettes. One of the great advantages of using Slaaneshi Terminators is that you have access to these girls, as opposed to the other Cult terminators. I would also suggest that you look into Nurgle termis; the added toughness makes them exceptionally durable. However, unlike their Slaaneshi counterparts, you don't have the option of a really good daemon to fill your 2 troop choices.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread