Parasitic possession on vehicles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Parasitic possession on vehicles

Just wondering why I never see parasitic possession on Predators? Combined with demonic possession it would potentially ignore/negate everything except the total destruction of the vehicle. Is it the cost of the upgrade or the 50% sucess ratio that makes it not used or other factors intirely? I am thinking about including it on my tanks for more effectiveness and wanted the experts opinions. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Reasons I wouldn't do it..

1. A predator has 3 decent weapons.. Losing one is generally not a gamebreaking moment.

2. A predator has a long range and, especially if armed with lascannons, will not want to move much anyway once it has a good fire lane. Immobilization isn't crippling.

Now compare this with the iron warriors vindicator, which is the archetypal parasitic possession tank.

Not saying that a parasitic possession predator isn't an option.. I just don't think it's the most efficient place to put it. Mutated hull seems a better choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Daemonic possession > Mutated Hull > Parasitic possession.

That's the circle of life. naturally, if you can afford all them then be our guest
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Or save the points and buy a second predator as backup.

Quantity has a quality all of its own.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Daemonic possession > Mutated Hull > Parasitic possession.

That's the circle of life. naturally, if you can afford all them then be our guest
    Well, bud, I think that flow is situational, and depends on the vehicle being upgraded.

For all things except the defiler the daemonic posession is the thing to take almost every time, though mutated hull on a defiler can be highly annoying too.

Also, if you like playing the psychological game mutated hull can be a very unpleasant suprise.
    I've been on the wrong end of that once or twice. "whaddya mean its AR 13 instead of 12... grrrr"

I prefer hull on dreadnaughts over the posession myself. the 12 is just too fragile and it tends to get the dread blown up rather than anything else, an extra point of armor with extra armor(cheepy posession) is usually quite enough for that dread to work its magic(take some fire away from your troops) and then assault.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Your words ring true like a pure spring in the middle of the night on a summer's afternoon.

I was thinking purely predators with that one.

Obviously defilers is different with the whole indirect fire. Mutated hull on the dreads does sound really quite amusing. But i must admit.. i've had good luck with the daemonic possession, especially in CC.

As ever, thanks for the tips.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    Your words ring true like a pure spring in the middle of the night on a summer's afternoon.

I was thinking purely predators with that one.

Obviously defilers is different with the whole indirect fire. Mutated hull on the dreads does sound really quite amusing. But i must admit.. i've had good luck with the daemonic possession, especially in CC.

As ever, thanks for the tips.
    Yerp, very true, but I also forgot that this thread was specifically asking about predators.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

I always use Parasitic Possession and Extra Armour on my Predator and on my two Dreads. When my opponent Immobilises a Dread, only to watch it carry on advancing soon after, well that cheers me up. Same for the Dreadnought CCW.

I find this combination a reasonable points cost for upgrades, without making the vehicle ridiculously expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Parasitic Possession on my pred as it can be great when an all but destroyed pred completly repares and takes a table quarter or has been left for dead only to repare and gun down the back armour of a wave serpent with a load of wraith guard, a warlock and Eurial (the eldar S.C. with a magic eye) all sitting inside it.
    W/D/L
    Crimson Fists 0/0/0
    Dwarfs 0/0/0 (work in progress)
    Chaos Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

I feel like the Mantis is right, that with three great weapons losing one isn't end-game. I feel that is changes in exact proportion with how crucial your predator is, for example if you're playing World Eaters (which, in contrast, I usually play although I have never taken parasitic possession) it's a lot more necessary to have your weaponry mobile and ... existant.

Other than that everyone's already covered why I have never taken parasitic possession. In the end you should decide for yourself based off what kind of army you're playing, and if you play friendly what kind of army you're facing.
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

+ Reply to Thread