Starting World Eaters but need help. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting World Eaters but need help.

I already play Chaos, but I would like to start a World Eaters army with a really cool dog like daemon prince that I'm not sure how to make. The other problem is my friend plays necron and I'm not sure how good they will be against him.(he's really cheap with them too.)

I can kill them,
    I can massacare them all,
    Without a moments hesatation,
    Without an ounce of regret,
    because I am a Monster

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

My personal opinion of World Eaters is that they suck at objectives. They suck at mind games. They suck at infiltrating. For those reasons I would steer clear, but it's ultimately up to you.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left" Bertrand Russell

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

W/D/L
    Eldar: 3-3-1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

World Eaters -vs- Necron: Let's pretend for the moment that we're Gameworkshop employees, creating the perfect army for tooling Necron troops. We'd need to create a hard-hitting model with moderately productive of staying power. We'd want to have a basic c.c. weapon that could reduce the effectiveness of the Necron 3+ armor. Finally, we'd need to keep the model at a reasonable price...let's say, no more than 20 points, so that we're not investing too much into basic troops (that's the same cost for a Necron Warrior). Does this sound like any army you know?

World Eaters are phenomenal against troop-based Necron. Bloodletters in particular will take down 8 warrior per turn without flenching and then move to another squad. In other words, World Eaters is virtually custom-created for tooling Necron.

As for the Necron skimmers, you'll want bikes. It's really the only means W.E. has for dealing with them.

Monolith: Some armies can manage the lith with loads of range fire, but this simply isn't the case for W.E.. Don't waste precious points on predators, which can be taken down with gauss (spelling?) weaponry. Even with 3 preds, they won't last long. Just ignore the thing, and focus rather on the Necron Phase out.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Black legion, my friend, black legion.

You can TAKE your cool berzerkers, your big beefy daemon prince, AND you can take what ever necron commander hates, ML's, autocannons and all kinds of other very nifty toys that really kicks the 'crons in the package of pain.

I routinely line up my guys so that if he wants to get a shot off at my troos with his destroyers, then he'll have to risk taking return fire from 8 autocannons(that's usually enough to down an entire group of 4) Obliterators plasma/melta/lascannon doom and then you charge his warriors with the berzerkers wielding khornate axes.. you throw axes of khorne on the aspiring champs and WHEEEWHOO, you've got a good ol' fashion kronnie stompin goin on!
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Unfortunately, against Necrons I really have to agree with the yak (I say unfortuantely because it sounds like you want to play World Eaters, not because I don't like to agree with the great sir yak) Black Legion is just better equiped to deal with high-stats of the necrons.

I've never had to deal with necrons, but if you do decide to go World Eaters I would think about a defiler? I don't have a lot of experience in this area, so I would wait and see what other, more expert people have to say about this.

I would also encourage you to submit a list when you think you get a good idea of what you want your army to look like.
    Last edited by honorableSimon; February 28th, 2007 at 02:54. Reason: Apparently I can't type
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

S-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

The above comments are all perfectly valid, and the rabbit summed it up well.

But it comes down to the question of do you want World Eaters for fluff or for beating the Necrons. If you want fluff than go with World Eaters, just have fun and play. Besides, it is not like you cannot beat the Necrons without Autocannons. <--non sarcastic

But if you want it to kick the crap out of your friend (a perfectly valid reason) than go with Black Legion. Take the Autocannons as mentioned. The only problem with this is that it is frowned upon (atleast by me). Why would a Daemon Prince, who is clearly obsessed with blood and killing, have the tactical mindset to establish a firebase (even a mobile one) to allow his warriors to collect skulls for the skull throne from afar? Also taking into consideration his beastly background/mutation, I don't really think this as a fluffy basis for an army.

Soapbox aside, do what you want.

Edit: I noticed your statement regarding the wolf-thing and I had a thought. For the wolf head you would want to use a Dire Wolf head from the Vampire Counts range. As for a body, depending on how feral you want him, you could use a Rat Ogre from the Skaven range. Simply swap heads, maybe greenstuff some claws, add a tail and you have the makings of a Daemon Prince with Daemonic Talons (a fantastic option).

If you don't want to model one, you can use these minis from the Rackham range. Although, if you played at a GW or GT they would smite you for not complying with their monopoly.

Great for Darkblade/Dread Axe

For the D. Talons/Feral one
    Last edited by S-N; February 28th, 2007 at 04:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok i have played world eaters for quite some time now and one of my regular opponents is a necron player. There is nothing to fear about them in my opinion. all i used if i recall correctly was a bloodthirster a cc dread and filled the rest with chosen bezerkers w/fists mastercraft spikey bits and mutation those puppies are nasty.

any way to the point i have never had a problem beating them even though the oppontent i play against plays prety cheap to. as in moves scarabs at me turn 2 and ties me up then deep stikes a lith right on me grrrrrrr but i showed him. i was able to make 2 of he squads break and run off the board with my big bad thirster.

any who umm my advice is just go with a lot of troops with chain axes they are 20 pts have 4 attacks on the charge and make the cron save a 4+. Happy hunting.
    I Am MacMan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your suggestions are great but how do I get close to dem without gettin shot up to much?:huh:
    I can kill them,
    I can massacare them all,
    Without a moments hesatation,
    Without an ounce of regret,
    because I am a Monster

S-N
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

[two years after signing up and I get my 100th post! Yay!]

You should expect to get shot up, you are World Eaters.

The best bet is to get talismans of burning blood and hope that your army is not going to be hurt to bad. Alternatively, you could buy rhinos for your squads and equip the rhinos with smoke lauchers, than use them as a screen for your berserkers.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Another tactic with rhinos is simply to move them independently of the berzerker squad, using them as mobile terrain. You can usually shield up to 3 zerker units with just 2 rhinos. AND, if the rhinos blow up due to incoming ranged fire, you're zerkers aren't stunned. Plus the rhinos help to draw attention away from your long ranged support vehicles.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast