Warsmith? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warsmith?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warsmith?

Is there anything special about the Iron Warriors Warsmith? I see him in blister occasionally and he looks like a cool model from the GW page, but does he have any extra stat lines? I've looked around and can't seem to find any. If not, what does he function as... HQ, or just a regular troop?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Warsmith is what the Iron Warriors use instead of Daemon Princes. It has the same statline as a Lord or Lieutenant, it just looks more robotic because the Iron Warriors don't get daemonic gifts the same way, they become more like machines the more daemon blessed thay are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

theres no real difference between him and any other lord model if you wanted to use it beside his look and the servo arm.

it just gives a better flavor looking lord or LT for iron warriors. and if for some reason they wanted to take the servo arm then they dont have to steal from an imperial model for it.
    "Moral Victory! the enemy ran away at the sight of my roting, spikey, diseased, awesomeness... wait.. what?" ~ Theyak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

I have a warsmith because it's my favourite model for Chaols ever, and there used to be special rules in 2nd Edition I believe, but they were integrated into the new Codex: CSM (See: Servo Arms).
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

ex-Ash_Oblivion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My advice to you my friend is to read Storm of Iron. After reading that you will understand the true power of the Warsmith. I dont collect IW, but after reading that book i worship the Warsmith. The way he is described is just amazing, he has such a powerful aura surrounding him.

I cannot explain how ace he is, just believe me when i say it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are rules for servo arms in the IW part of the chaos codex.
    On a side note, I'm reading Storm of Iron at the moment and its awsome.
    W/D/L
    Crimson Fists 0/0/0
    Dwarfs 0/0/0 (work in progress)
    Chaos Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by honorableSimon View Post
    I have a warsmith because it's my favourite model for Chaols ever, and there used to be special rules in 2nd Edition I believe, but they were integrated into the new Codex: CSM (See: Servo Arms).
    It was Index Astartes Volume I that had the rules for the Warsmith. But ever since the Chaos Codex was redone for 3rd/4th edition, those rules have long been obsolete.

These days, he's just a standard Lord/Lt. Perhaps he'll have more personality in the new Codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Speaking of which, when does this new codex make it's arrival? And what models will be replaced?
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by hotspike18 View Post
    Speaking of which, when does this new codex make it's arrival? And what models will be replaced?
    Few months from now. Not much information running around yet. There's some information in the Rumours/Previews section, but most of it points towards the Codex coming out next, possibly towards the end of summer. So about three, four, maybe five months from now? I'm just guessing.

As for models, nobody is really sure. There's a particularly common rumour that the Possessed models will be recalled and replaced (hopefully!), and I fully expect Terminators and some Cult Marines to be replaced. Other than that, I can't say.

+ Reply to Thread