chosen of Ahriman - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chosen of Ahriman

i was reading through my old white dwarfs yesterday and i found the entery for chosen of ahriman in the chapter approved section.
    do people use these guys? do u have to get permission from ur opponent to use em? and can they only be in a thousand sons army?
    its just they seem kinda cheap for 70 points. "ok so my 15 horrors/flamers of tzeentch deepstrike behind ur cover, thats 30 guardsmen dead"
    ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, i use 2 of them in almost every games i play, i usually play 2000pts games with my friends, so i use 2 chosen, 2 squad of 18 Sons with the chosens, a squad of 9 Sons used for shooting, a squad of 9 Flamerz and finally 2 predator. It is pretty fast and deadly.

Yes you need your opponent approval to play it, also the unit is not fully balanced so your opponent must read all the entry and the first page of the chapter approved section, at the behinning of the section it is writen that this character is for a campaign and that it is not balanced. be sure that your opponent read this before he accept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

I'd count on not being able to use them, most opponents who want to win (and often care less about having a good time) won't let you use them in a competitive setting. Make sure you have the models to have an effective army whether you are allowed to use them or not.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is currently no models for the chosens of arhiman, you can convert a Champion of the Rubric squad. I used some models from Confrontation, they look like sorcerers, have a cool armor and have the same size as a marine.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

read all the entry and the first page of the chapter approved section, at the behinning of the section it is writen that this character is for a campaign and that it is not balanced
    Now, this might vary from different printings perhaps butin my WD it clearly says that it IS balanced.
    I use them sometimes and they are very fun to use. But as any unit really true to the spirit of the Changer of Ways they are also very tricky. It is so very easy to get swept away by the ability to Teleport so soon you'll make your first mistakes.
    They demand even more focus then your average TS units. Discipline is a word that comes to mind.
    I do not use the 18 man squads mentioned earlier, I cannot see a good enough reason for this. Nine is enough IMHO.
    Also, make sure you give them Thralls and Familiars. The Thrall can be used to open a gate with the Key again same turn. This can be usefull for rerolling the scatter reroll when teleporting or to just leave the squad where you've teleported to.
    You can also "go get a squad" by teleporting to them and then telport both them and the Chosen to your new location.
    These things will make your army very mobile and that is nice. But it is also dangerous. To have say 18 TSs in a nice tightly packed circle opens up for your opponent to have his Bassie pay it's points back forever.
    One expensive plate of pie.

Use them, try them and have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya, this guy is pretty tricky, once i was playing in a 2v2, my ally moved his Truck, then i teleported, i ended up in his truck hopefully there was only my Chosen, Champion and a Son in this squad

+ Reply to Thread