Night Lords Strategy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you think of 3 Preds (Autocannon+H.Bolters+Smoke) in a Night Lords army with 3 squads of 7 Raptors (3 Meltas per squad) for TVR.

The rest of the list consists of many 5-man squads with Stealth, Flamer and Lascannon.

Tactics are that the Preds move forward and pop smoke while the Raptors can take shelter behind cover or a pred. The Raptors just aim to use the Meltas then charge into CC, withdrawing at the end of the opponent's assault phase, exposing them to shooting. They are also excellent tank hunters with meltas, mobility and krak grenades.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.. It's no good backgroundwise to have three tanks in a Night Lords army. How about using rhinos with shooty chaos marines instead of predators? That would be a way more flexible tactic too.

Raptors are Nightlordy and kick ass! :ph34r: Keep using them!
    Ave Dominus Nox!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I wouldn't rely on the three preds, as vehicles are really quite easy to take out with a single shot, and there goes 150+ worth of points which can really hurt. Having one preadator wouldn't hurt, but three might. You may wish to go for a more flexable force, drop one of the preds for a havoc squad, and the other for more basic troopers (which is ALWAYS good) as for your three raptor squads, it might also be worth it to drop one for a biker squad, they are more resilient with there higher toughness, and since they always count as stationary, equpping them with plasma guns makes for a really nice punch before you charge. Also it sounds like most of your csm squads are shooty, it might be good to make some of the cc ready and put them in rhinos instead, still gives you mobile cover for your raptors, and also an extra punch of CC goodness, otherwise your raptors might just falter by themselves with out a little bit of support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now when the new rules for 40k come out, you'll be using the trial assault rules. Now these state that if a squad shoots, it loses its extra attack for charging. This means that you're squads with melats (large squads at that) are losing their effectiveness in cc. I would suggest going for 4 fastattack choices and getting at least 6 bikes in 1500+ matches and some fury goodness along with it. I usually field one squad of 5 raptors with 3 meltas and one squad of seven with ap and furious charge and personal icon, both squads are infiltrators. The meltas engage any tanks or transports while the ccw squad eats the insides of them or other nearby squads whilst summoning furies to help the cause. 3 strangth 5 initiative 5 attacks don't go go down to badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only problem with having a dedicated tank hunter squad is that once they do their thing, they can't really do much. As well, if someone has tank cheezed (any imperial guard army in existence) then one squad will not be able to take out all that armor. I have found that every squad should have a little anti-tank potential.
    That way, if one of your squads is being beset by an armored beast, they can take care of it.

Back on topic, it is WAY unfluffy to have so many tanks in a night lords army, i like the idea of rhinos performing that same function. Lords are supposed to be sneaky, and huge ass tanks blasting everything in their path is not right at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

night lords are very infiltraty, dont use obliterators, their slow, use plenty of rhinos, plenty of raptors and all your units have infiltrate anyway so then give them furious charge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ThE_NighT_HaunteR||pro@Feb 20 2004, 10:51
    Now when the new rules for 40k come out, you'll be using the trial assault rules. Now these state that if a squad shoots, it loses its extra attack for charging. This means that you're squads with melats (large squads at that) are losing their effectiveness in cc.
    They may not be as effective in CC but over all they are causing more damage. Since all your losing is one attack and the bolt pistols each model comes equipped with is just as strong and can ignore some saves. Also if your facing off against your brother marines your hitting on a 3+ instead of a 4+ like you would in cc, allowing more hits and causing more damage, and any models you kill won't be able to strike back in cc, good if the models are of equal or higher initiave. Also if you give the squad furious charge, your now hitting just as hard as you would anyway, cept instead of hitting on 3s your wounding on 3s (against fellow marines). Another point that might be brought up is your ac. Well if you give the squad meltas/plasmas, your getting 3, probbly stronger attacks that ignore saves as well. And if you give them 3 flamers, your getting multiple hits, defintly making up for the one hit per model your not making in cc now. Times you don't want to shoot with Raptors though? If your barly with in charging range, those few models you kill might just take you out of it. Or if you kill off an enitre squad your left with nothing to charge. Baiscly, majorty of the time you DO want to shoot with your raptors before you charge into a squad, and by making them flexable you won't run into the problem Sashimiman pointed out, so once that tank is taking out, they can still acomplish tasks, and quite well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK Im just giving savant advice, this is what I do and it works very very well with new aussalt rules, if you don't like it then shove it slayer. And I may be wrong but don't we want more attacks in close combat, making an 'even' squad of raptors with aspiring champion and 3 plasmas/meltas then losing the +1 attacks to attack with the special weapons and thus the AP losing +1 attack. Do you really want that? I didn't think so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes you do night haunter coz you can attempt to blow a tank up with meltaguns first, also your aspiring champ can have 5 lightning claw attacks and you can have six other raptors to make up fot the special weapons loss, plus you could just give them three plasma pistols (its your funeral) and then they don't lose attacks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Night Haunter, I suggest you shove it, if you're not mature enough to accept someone's views when they point something out to you, go find yourself another site. I don't tolerate any bullcrap against our older members from noobs like you.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast