Thousand Sons... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, I might be starting a Chaos army soon (40K army number 5&#33, and I really want to do Thousand Sons, but I hear they're not very good. They seem like a cool (but difficult) army, and I was wondering what you thought? I think they'd be a lot of fun. A hail of bolter fire, then using screamers/flamers to mop up anything that gets too close, maybe a greater demon and a chosen squad for some heavy hitting power...

I dunno, has potential. What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Thousand Sons are good basically because they are very tough as they have 2 wounds (brilliant for an elite choice) and they are fearless, where as even khorne berserkers may run away your thousand sons wont.

Im not too sure if you can have an entire army of thousand warriors as the actual thousand warriors marines are all elites. I doubt that you can have an entire army where elites are your standard troops but i could very easily be wrong.

Anyway a full thousand sons army would be very fluffy which is what i like.

Im sure some of the chaos players out there will give you a more definitive answer then i an imperial player can.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;
    &quot;Errr do you mean run away?&quot;
    &quot;Thats the one&quot;</span>

&quot;Oh man, look at that.&quot;
    &quot;Where?&quot;
    &quot;Over there, by that river of boiling souls.&quot;
    &quot;Well I&#39;ll be damned... it&#39;s a Starbucks.&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>
    <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/gaeisia/index.htm' target='_blank'>GAESIA</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are only elites choice if lead by someone without the Mark of Tzeentch. So I think they&#39;ll be troops choice for my army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Macharius Ravensdark, i guess you dont play chaos. First off, you can play a pure 1K Sons army(more fluffy), or a black legion where your lord has the mark of tzeentch, then your troops could still be 1K sons marines(less fluffy, but legal).

any chaos marine with a mark other than undivided is fearless, so berserkers wont run.

Back to your question, 1K sons are a very playable(and fun) army. If used correctly, they are tough to beat. A standard of 2 wounds is awsome, and if your opponent wants to waste a S8+ gun on your standard trooper to make sure u cant use both wounds, more power to him. also, flamers are great. think about at least one squad, maybe even 2 depending on points size that you play at. Probably most importantly, utilize your main strength. You are VERY resilient. dont be charging into cc against an army other than tau or maybe imp gaurd for example. You are meant to shoot and absorb firepower, then outlast your foe when cc inevitably comes.

Good luck and have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you do a thousand sons army, then you can only have models with the mark of tzeentch and demons of tzeentch
    also, in a non legion specific army, any chaos space marine squad that has the same mark as the lord are troops, not elites
    their rules are in the book of tzeentch at the back of the chaos codex

and remember
    bolt of change is your freind
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Vegitarianism is willingly demoting yourself on the food chain.</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep i don&#39;t play chaos, i genneraly blow the crap out of em. Although ive never played against a thousand sons army. But hey i was right on the two wounds and the fearless stuff so you gota give me a little bit of credit.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;

&quot;Where?&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*credit given

blow the crap out of em? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... seems like the imperial needs a chaosy beat down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dont froget, dont rush into CC but ALWAYS have a good number of rhinos so you can bring those bolters and psyhic powers to bear asap. A defiler would be a wise investment as well. As soon as Tzeenchplayer and LordToast get here they can point out some other things.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah shucks you&#39;ll make me blush.

Bring on your chaosy beat down.

Say hello to my little friend, Mister Battlebarge Bombardment Cannon. Oh yeah thats right, i aint no pussy ass IG or SOB, i&#39;m a seven foot marine damnit.

Dakka dakka dakka. Walks through the dead bodies of flinger and baradiel. Hmmmm they look dead, better virus bomb this thread though just to make sure.

&quot;Where?&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Macharius Ravensdark@Feb 12 2004, 20:19
    ...where as even khorne berserkers may run away your thousand sons wont...
    true, TS are fearless, but so are all modles with marks, save undevided.

just thought id enlighten you.

you rebel scum*uses starwars voice*
    "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
    -Ben Franklin

-Guns don't kill people, bullets do.-

-Support your local game store! Don't buy online or from GW stores.-

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast