modeling possessed zerks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

modeling possessed zerks

I just started playing a World eaters army as my friends and I mainly play seek and destroy the majority of the time, and when we play something else I use my eldar army. I was looking into the Possessed marines as part of my army, but I would like to two two squads of 8 with daemonic flight (mobility owns) and have them all upgraded with kharn chainaxes... whats the best way to model this and also cheaper than buy 8 blisters just to get 16 models with axes? or is there an easier way to convert my zerkers over to look more "possessed"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Anihcam View Post
    I just started playing a World eaters army as my friends and I mainly play seek and destroy the majority of the time, and when we play something else I use my eldar army. I was looking into the Possessed marines as part of my army, but I would like to two two squads of 8 with daemonic flight (mobility owns) and have them all upgraded with kharn chainaxes... whats the best way to model this and also cheaper than buy 8 blisters just to get 16 models with axes? or is there an easier way to convert my zerkers over to look more "possessed"
    you should of placed this thread into the modelling section of the forum, hmm daemonic flight could try wings, or you could have them leaping into battle on tentacles coming from weird places to make them look like they're leaping against foes no matter the odd of survival!

just a suggestion,

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the flight thing worked out I just was wondering wheer I could buy the axes for them so I can equip them with kharn chainaxes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

You can: give them wings, give them raptor jetpacks(or other type of jetpacks) put springs on their feet, model them flying/levetating, whatever you want to shot that they ARE FLYING.

I'd buy some berzerkers, some mutation sprues and order some raptor jetpacks, then go to town.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Anicham
    I have the flight thing worked out I just was wondering wheer I could buy the axes for them so I can equip them with kharn chainaxes
    Yes, they can have Khornate chainaxes, so long as they also don't have Daemonic Venom or Talons.

You could try Battlewagon Bits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

The way you're doing flight might affect the best ways to do chain axes, if you just have some sort of backpack dealie (raptor pack, normal jetpacks, or the every popular eldar wings) and you can order things online I would just order the axe piece out of the berzerker box 16 times. This is by far the cheapest way to do it as far as I know.
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

you could use lots of wierd parts like tyranids. and give them a demonic look w/ monsterous heads(w/ some horns modeled on to them) and maybe some claws for hands.

here is one of my possessed:
    http://homepage.mac.com/alexpape7/.P...A4CF9B11DB.jpg

For some of them I used Hormaguant heads, i cut off there jaw and repositioned it to look like it had a huge maw. then i gave them horns cut off from some chaos heads/ models. I'm debating whether or not i should take off the carapace part, but i think i may paint it to look like some bronze headplater or something.
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Why not just buy a box of Khorne berserkers and base your conversion on that.. Way better than the crappy looking metal possessed, and cheaper than trying to get a bunch of metal axes as individual parts.

I don't know know if they come with a mutation sprue, but if not, just buy a couple.. They're covered in nice looking heads which would make decent possessed.

As for flight.. Yeah, raptor jetpacks work well, and it's hard to think of anything cheaper.. All the plastic stuff is going to be on sprues anyway, and thus expensive. Maybe find the assault marine sprue with the jetpacks on if you were desperate about money, but it wouldn't look as good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis View Post
    Why not just buy a box of Khorne berserkers and base your conversion on that.. Way better than the crappy looking metal possessed, and cheaper than trying to get a bunch of metal axes as individual parts.

I don't know know if they come with a mutation sprue, but if not, just buy a couple.. They're covered in nice looking heads which would make decent possessed.

As for flight.. Yeah, raptor jetpacks work well, and it's hard to think of anything cheaper.. All the plastic stuff is going to be on sprues anyway, and thus expensive. Maybe find the assault marine sprue with the jetpacks on if you were desperate about money, but it wouldn't look as good.
    The problem with space marine jetpacks is that they are no longer a "good" deal. They went from 5 to 15 bucks for 10 jetpacks. I believe the raptor jetpacks are roughly the same cost per jetpack. Its personal preference but I personally like how the raptor speed engines look over the loyalist ones.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a good idea for possessed with d flight, take a box of berzerkers add gargoyle wings and ork arms to give the bear muscled look. Then come the optional more money then sence tweaks i was going to carve off the berzerkers feet and add those of the old blood letters, i'm still deciding on the heads though.
    Equipped with the latest XV25 Stealth Armour these troops are the 'love wolves' of the Tau army, operating independently of other formations.

This cock up is bought to you by GW Australia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast