Instructions to the Defiler - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instructions to the Defiler

My instructions for my defiler are rather incomplete. I am missing pages 5 thru 8.

Just off hand... anyone have or have seen a copy I could just snag online?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

I doubt you'll find anything for defiler building on the nets. Ten bucks says that GW counts the assembly booklet as "intellectual property." :ninja:

Soooo...you might want to try and wing it. Or ask a friend for his.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

GW kits are pretty straight-forward. Try doing it without the instructions, see what you get! If it doesn't look right, just right it off as the manipulating forces of Chaos. :shifty:

I got a brand-new Tamiya T-34 kit at an air show once. Unwrapped and opened it when I got home, only to find there were no instructions! It's also an out-of-production kit, so I can't get instruction for it from Tamiya at least. Oh well
    Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Hmm. Looking at mine, 5-8 are pretty crucial pages. I'll give ya a quick rundown; see if you can make any sense of it from the pieces you have before you.

-The two lower body pieces go together, obviously.
    -insert arms and legs
    -'x' chained door goes over the hole on the top
    -steam pipes slot onto the back

-canon halves go together; decorate as desired

Now things get a bit trickier:

-the upper body (canon housing) all has to go together. The two five sided pieces are the sides. The top has another hole for a little lid piece (which can fit the various heads). The bottom has a half sphere indent which rests on a piece that joins it to the lower body - this piece should be obvious, since those half spheres fit so well together. The back piece also has a hole for a lid piece, and has a chain and tubing hanging down.

The last page you're missing has the weapons

-like halves go together on the joints for pivoting action. The auto-cannon goes on the one with the longer base, while the flamer, or the tentacle arm goes on the smaller based piece. Those then go on the circular parts to fit into the sides. Again, the canon is on the larger one that fits its bullets. The other weapons on that page are detailed in other instructions as well.

Like was already mentioned, maybe that's all pretty obvious. Just stare at things long enough, and they should be made clearer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zveroboy View Post
    GW kits are pretty straight-forward. Try doing it without the instructions, see what you get! If it doesn't look right, just right it off as the manipulating forces of Chaos. :shifty:

I got a brand-new Tamiya T-34 kit at an air show once. Unwrapped and opened it when I got home, only to find there were no instructions! It's also an out-of-production kit, so I can't get instruction for it from Tamiya at least. Oh well
    have you contacted them? i wouldn't be surprised if they can help out
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by HeZu View Post
    have you contacted them? i wouldn't be surprised if they can help out
    Yeah, I got the kit about...must be about 5 years ago now. I contacted Tamiya and they said that that kit had been out-of-production for a while and they were unable to send me a set of instructions. I may ask around various modelling websites this year as to whether anyone else has a set, that tank would make a good summer project.
    Current Projects:
    - Watch this space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! I will see what I can do with it.

PS. I will call GW and see what they say... mostly for shits and giggles. I have heard bad things about their support and figured it wouldn't be worth the trouble.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlorlich View Post
    Thanks! I will see what I can do with it.

PS. I will call GW and see what they say... mostly for ----- and giggles. I have heard bad things about their support and figured it wouldn't be worth the trouble.
    I placed a bits order for some assault marine jump packs and a few other minor things... the jump packs didn't come, so I called them up and they were very friendly and accommodating - shipped out a new set of jump packs right away. The rules boys don't really know much, but their support has always been great (to me).

+ Reply to Thread