Every legion! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Every legion!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Every legion!

I was thinking, since I am only making my chaos army for collecting, would it be a cool idea to include a unit or two from each legion. (Like Oblits from IW, cultists from AL, Chaplain from WB, ect...)

That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Hmm.. Well, it would look pretty varied, which is both positive and negative. On the plus side, it's visually interesting, but on the downside, it's my opinion that most armies look better if they have a unifying theme of some kind, or, at worst, two contrasting looks (like Tau with Kroot allies.) I think once you start throwing in all kind of colours it could start to look a bit messy..

The other problem is that, ruleswise, you could never play with it.. While collecting an army for show is nice, I think you might be better off making one which is at least playable under a single ruleset in the event that you ever wanted to play with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

The Red Corsairs, although orrirginal a legion in their own right, are now an army of amalgamated heretic chaos space marines. I would be cool for you to have their orriginal chapter colours, but try and get in some Red Corsairness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis View Post
    Hmm.. Well, it would look pretty varied, which is both positive and negative. On the plus side, it's visually interesting, but on the downside, it's my opinion that most armies look better if they have a unifying theme of some kind, or, at worst, two contrasting looks (like Tau with Kroot allies.) I think once you start throwing in all kind of colours it could start to look a bit messy..

The other problem is that, ruleswise, you could never play with it.. While collecting an army for show is nice, I think you might be better off making one which is at least playable under a single ruleset in the event that you ever wanted to play with it.
    Maybe i could incorperate my color scheme into those of the specific legions. my main colors are black and red. Maybe i could paint the IWs So that they have some red and black, but with gold banding and the yellow hazard signs.

Rules wise... I'm not even using a force orginization chart:x... I've got like 5 HQ's already(they look so cool, how could i resist.)
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kossolax_the_Foresworn View Post
    Maybe i could incorperate my color scheme into those of the specific legions. my main colors are black and red. Maybe i could paint the IWs So that they have some red and black, but with gold banding and the yellow hazard signs.
    Rolling with Von Smallhousen's idea.. The post-defection Astral Claws/Red Corsairs colour scheme is black and red..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Kossolax,

what you could do is have 4-5 themed squads within one army. There's no reason why you can't use your HQ models as extremely pimped out aspiring champions. In fact that'd be pretty cool.

Personally, i would love to play an army like that It sounds really cool.

Provided it's legal in terms of the list and the models are 98% WYSIWYG compliant, i have no problems with it.

My army is a mish mash of colours. I started blue/purple and went full purple. Then there's the greens of the plague marines too. It looks weird, but menacing, it should be tightly knit and organised but it is.

Good luck. Oh.. and pictures if you would please
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

@Varied-ness: I play a Red Corsairs-esque army (I buy the themed Marines boxes like Iron Hands and such because my local shop has them leftover and they're cheaper) and like not I have a sort of Slaaneshi (the pink kind) paint-scheme with some Space Wolves and Iron Hands in their own themed squads and I really like the way it came out. It really adds variety to my comour scheme at least, but maybe I'm just bad at differentiating squad types via paint... well anyway I'm just here to say that varied in my opinion is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmoon View Post
    what you could do is have 4-5 themed squads within one army. There's no reason why you can't use your HQ models as extremely pimped out aspiring champions. In fact that'd be pretty cool.

Personally, i would love to play an army like that It sounds really cool.

Provided it's legal in terms of the list and the models are 98% WYSIWYG compliant, i have no problems with it.
    I actually bought way too many Lord/Lieutenant models when I was younger and occasionally use them as pimped ACs, but it seems to confuse my friends when I do because they're so much more awesome. I think if you manage to downplay the awesome-factor of the HQs and if you did it consistently in every squad you could pull it off.
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you play a BL army with a HQ with the mark of Chaos UD you can use all of the chaos codex! So you could have a army with all of the cult peaces. However 4 IW ect you have them 4 looks but to have a IW army they all must have Chaos UD. BL is the way to go i have a 2000pt BL army that has an HQ with the mark of slaanesh and i use raptors and obliterators.

+ Reply to Thread