Magic Chicken - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magic Chicken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magic Chicken

Having just recently come across the knowledge that if you welcome the possession of a greater deamon, it doesn't take the 3D6 leadership test each turn. With that said, i'm having a hard time finding a good way to deploy the Lord of Change. Here are some options i could think of (please mention your own ways).

1. AC of a rubric squad. I don't really like this idea because the squad would essentially lose its firepower. This could be combined with a rhino rush to get the bird into melee that much quicker.

2. AC in a chosen squad. I have done this for my WE lists (lists not armies). Having a second aspiring champion to sacrifice so that the powerfist isn't lost is nice. However tzeentch chosen are extreemly expensive and are wasting points if you don't give them a psychic power (sorcerers yes, spells no lol).

3. AC in a trubric terminator squad. I just thought of this one. I would use a five man rubric squad with an AC. The aspiring champion would have only one upgrade, daemon chains. Yes if he were lost, the squad would loss a potential sorcerer. However since the rest of the squad is armed with power weapons and combi-bolters they could still pose a threat (not to mention 2 wounds each). I woud most likely teleport the squad to the battle field unless i was fighitng a lot of blast weapons.

4. Trump card. Every fight i have used the LoC in, i assumed that either way he would suffer the horrid Ld test. I was simply sacrificing the chosen one when it was time for the bird to make his appearance. Not really that effective but usually scares the opponent.

I also have a question. If i did the terminator option and was going to teleport them, i wouldn't roll for possession before they arrived right? and i could not roll on the turn they arrived because they weren't present at the start of the turn.

"Drop emergency bulkheads! Activate compression rams! Set internal bracing! Issue brace for impact alert! I repeat, brace for impact!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only time you take the 3D6 leadership test on a greater demon is when the host dies before you summon the GD. If it's summoned from a live host, willing or not, you do not take that test.

Yes. You only test when the model is there, not when hes in reserve.
    Another squad will almost always benefit you more than a few upgrades to all squads. Remember: Troops before Toys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Are you married to the idea of playing pure 1K Sons? Some infiltrating Undivided squads could work well for your purposes. Then you can give two members some Plasma or Meltaguns, and they'll retain some strong firepower after the host departs.

If you're going to play pure 1K Sons, you don't have many options, sadly. I sort of like your Deep Striking Termies idea, but that can get expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes i play as the thousand sons not as tzeentch.
    "Drop emergency bulkheads! Activate compression rams! Set internal bracing! Issue brace for impact alert! I repeat, brace for impact!"

Knight of Goodlyness paladin777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I like to do is have the AC be dirt cheap (or dust cheap...okay not funny in a list that's almost as expensive per guy as grey knights) and ride a LT with the squad to act as a powerful AC when the demon takes over and leaves the squad
    Originally Posted by Reinnon
    to be a thousand son general isn't a choice in gaming, its a state of mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

heres my suggestion jec, a squad of five sons and an ac, thats pretty cheap.
    heres what id do, and have tried to good effect on vassal.

four rubrics and an ac with daemonic chains, in a rhino.
    cheap, fast delivery system, then once the bird comes in he should be well within flight range of something to assault, and you have some sons left over and a rhino for light harassment, and the enemy must be forced to shoot at such a small squad if they wish to take its vp's.
    VASSAL record:
    too many, gave up counting. rough estimates of 10% even steven, 25% omg i lostorz! and 65% PWNED NEWBS! ^^

<Tossy> Crons are freaking invincible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the suggestions, i'm going to go try these out soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

i bet you will

just dont use out my advice on me!
    ill gauss it, i swear i will!
    VASSAL record:
    too many, gave up counting. rough estimates of 10% even steven, 25% omg i lostorz! and 65% PWNED NEWBS! ^^

<Tossy> Crons are freaking invincible!

+ Reply to Thread