Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I have some questions about Ahriman and his staff. The wording in the chaos codex is a bit frustrating to understand clearly.
1. Can he select a Minor Psychic Power + a Chaos Minor Psychic power?
2. Does The Black Staff count as a power weapon?
3. The special ability of The Black Staff reads:"On a roll of 4+ he may use a psychic power again and may re-use the same power if he desires". Does this mean that on a 4+ he can use a new psychic power + the same power he cast earlier?
Before posting this i searched the forum and in all the posts about Arhiman he is considered the worst special character. I don't think so. He is easy to kill, but it's an independent character so within 6" from a unit he cant be shot at. So it's yust a matter of how you move him. And he can hit a vehicle at 24" with a strenght 8 hit. He's the only special character who can do that
1. I think, from the wording, is that he can coose ONE minor power from any of the lists (those in the code3x, and the now out-of-date (or so I'm told) Chapter Approved book.
2. I don't think the staff is described as being a weapon at all, not even a close combat weapon. So no, I would say not.
3. Ahriman can cast his first psychic power without any hindrance. The second power he uses, he must first roll a 4+. Doing so does not affect the power he used first, regardless of success. Any further rolls are independant of any previous action he might have taken.
As for his uses, some of the special characters do have a few nice abilities and can be useful, but it's usually best to arm your chaos lord with some wargear to suit your gaming style exactly. A Tzeentch Lord upgraded similarly can hit a vehicle with the same power as Ahriman, still with no psychic test. At a longer range, too, with warp focus.
Yeah, that's my one major thing with Ahriman, that he doesn't even have a power weapon, which I hope was only a misprint/we forgot type deal. But yes, he needs some major revision before he's worth his points me thinks.
"If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."
Thanks for the info... I'll be making my own Tzeentch lord, because he is weaker that i thought he was and for XXX points that's a big gamble.
Last edited by Karmoon; May 15th, 2007 at 16:12.
Exactly. Ahriman himself is a pretty powerful chap. He has a lot of abilities running around with his black library finding shenanigans.
However, as mentioned earlier, you can get a Lord who is much more destructive for less points.
This applies to pretty much all our special characters unfortuntately.
To be honest though, we are Chaos. Make up your own Lord and his own fluff. Enjoy the creative process
Last edited by Caluin; May 16th, 2007 at 05:32.
Pssst. Karmoon, you left the point cost in your quote.
Another squad will almost always benefit you more than a few upgrades to all squads. Remember: Troops before Toys.
What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.