regarding termies (death guard) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regarding termies (death guard)

I'm thinking of getting a box of terminators in the summer, so i had a few questions about them.

Should i make them the retinue for my HQ? (Lieu - Sorcerer, Wind of Chaos, Spiky Bits, Darkblade, Furious Charge, Infiltrate, Nurgle's Rot, MoN, Daemonic Str and Aura)

Or should i just keep them as the elite selection.

Also, am i allowed to use the Reaper Autocannon? (im death guard)

And what's the diff between a Reaper Autocannon and a normal autocannon? and a Heavy Flamer and a regular flamer? Where can i get this info? I dont think its in my codex...

Army: Nurgle

Eldar: 0/1
    Tyranids: 3/0

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

yes you may take reaperautocannons, for it's stats and those of the heavy flamer check your codex on the weapon summary.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I don't think your Lt is legal. He has two veteran skills and that's possible only if he bears no mark what so ever (unless it's a legion specific thing, but since you're DG it's a nono)

I also think you should make him a Lord so he can afford all them gifts, I think he is over the limit since both Daemonic Weapons (Dark Blade) and Gifts from the Gods (Rot) counts towards it.

To add a Termie retinue to this monster of yours could be a bit of an overkill. Keep them as a separate Elites Choice.

Good Luck and have a nice modeling moment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

As far as how you should field termies, that's entirely up to how you intend to use them.

Your Lt has infiltrate(and as Anduciassus pointed out, you can't have two vet skills and a mark)
    You can't infiltrate with termie armor anyhow. This gives your plage termies two options for deployment: deep strike, or foot slog/in a land raider.

Deep striking them gives you some flexability for objective taking that the transport/footslog might now.

Putting the Lieutenant with them bumps their close combat capabilities considerably. You should consider whether you WANT them to be scrapping a lot. Which affects how you kit them out, how you deploy them and how you play them.

Once you answer how you want to use them in the force(which usually is answered by looking at the rest of the force, and determining what they need to balance them out) then you can go for configuration.

On the other hand, if you just want them "for fun" then do what floats your boat!

For example, I don't use termies in a competative list(they're too specialized and expensive for my tastes) BUT I DO really like the concept of deathguard termies either deepstriking in, or footslogging up like an implacable wall of doom.

Hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a friend who plays deathguard. He has typhus who foot slogs across the board and a lietenant with chosen terminator retinue in a land raider. He upgrades his Lt to sorcerer for wind of chaos and does the same to one chosen. They are a retinue and work farily well. if you do use a landraider do NOT take it as a transport option for the chosen. it will not count as a scoring unit and it takes 1/6 of your army.
    "Drop emergency bulkheads! Activate compression rams! Set internal bracing! Issue brace for impact alert! I repeat, brace for impact!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Death Guard Terminators are unique in the entirety of the Chaos codex as being a good unit for the army.

They fill a unique roll for the death guard - mobility, heavy weaponry, ranged potential etc.
    Plus, their increased toughness coupled with the tactical dreadnought armour save is just.. well, rude frankly.

While I wouldn't recommend termies for many other armies.. for Death Guard, they definitely have a place.

Remember, chosen only ever take one slot in the FOC, but you can only have one seperate squad, and then a retinue for your Lord and Lieutenant.

Please remember to check the stickies and FAQs too. You ask several questions which have already been asked many times before
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

I was going to comment on this post, but then, I read Karmoon's response, and realised that he said everything that I was going to post. So I'll spare this thread a repeat of already provide information. Just tack my good opinion onto Karmoon's post for further emphasis.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alright, thanks to all who replied.

i didnt know about the veteran skills thing, so im removing Furious Charge.

ill also probably upgrade him to a lord for the gifts.

ty to any people who helped out
    Army: Nurgle

Eldar: 0/1
    Tyranids: 3/0

+ Reply to Thread