Tzeentch vs Nurgle: Survivability - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tzeentch vs Nurgle: Survivability

Which mark gives better survivability and makes your troops last longer? Points and everything else aside, just standing still and being shot at, does +1 toughness or +1 wound help your boys last longer?

(I'd have made this a poll, but I couldnt quite figure out how)

How many guardsmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    None, their lasguns work fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Having an additional wound is nearly always better, points aside.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Templar View Post
    Which mark gives better survivability and makes your troops last longer? Points and everything else aside, just standing still and being shot at, does +1 toughness or +1 wound help your boys last longer?

(I'd have made this a poll, but I couldnt quite figure out how)
    Considering how much I like Tzeetch, I'll go with his mark.
    When a marine devastator squad hits you with 4x plasma cannons, and only 2 guys die, you know they are a good buy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Anything with Strength 8 or above make a mockery of both marks. No advantage to either mark.

Strength 7 weaponry goes to Tzeentch. The Bonus T means nothing at this point, but instant death is no longer a factor.

Strength 6, 5, and 4 go to Tzeentch as well. The bonus toughness does not make up for the fact that each weapon needs to effectively wound twice to remove a model. Though, as the strength of the weapon gets lower, the gap is closed.

Strength 3 weaponry evens out. Both Marks are just as effective here.

Strength 2 weaponry (can anyone even name a S2 gun?) goes back to Tzeentch. Since both are wounded on a six, the bonus T means nothing.

Finally, Strength 1 weaponry gives the Mark of Nurgle a HUGE advantage. Strength 1 weaponry can't harm Nurgle Marines, so they're basically invincible.

Summary - If playing against Strength 1 weaponry, take Mark of Nurgle and watch your opponents cry. Otherwise, stick to MoT.

Note -
    While this post was somewhat of a joke, it is also somewhat accurate. If you don't count anything else, MoT will always trump MoN. However, things will change dramatically when the new 'Dex is released. It's very likely that Plague Marines will be the hardest models to remove through shooting in the entire game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin View Post
    While this post was somewhat of a joke, it is also somewhat accurate. If you don't count anything else, MoT will always trump MoN. However, things will change dramatically when the new 'Dex is released. It's very likely that Plague Marines will be the hardest models to remove through shooting in the entire game.
    Well put, I was formulating something similar to reply until I scrolled down and saw your breakdown.

Cal, What do you mean about the changes, are there any "confirmed" rumors and whatnot? I've been out of the loop for some time now.
    Thanks!
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Oh Mr. Yak, you have been away for a time. The new codex is being released at the end of May. Basic marines will all cost 20 points. Each mark will cost 15. And Nurgle's Rot wounds on a 2+ with no possible saves.

I hope you know I'm kidding.

All rumors have been listed in the Rumors Section of the Forum. I'd check the last 10 pages of it. I think all posted rumors are also in quotes & itallics, so they should be easy to find.

Back to the topic at hand: If you conisder the cost of each mark and the limitations, then MoN is IMHO better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Oh Mr. Yak, you have been away for a time. The new codex is being released at the end of May. Basic marines will all cost 20 points. Each mark will cost 15. And Nurgle's Rot wounds on a 2+ with no possible saves.

I hope you know I'm kidding.

All rumors have been listed in the Rumors Section of the Forum. I'd check the last 10 pages of it. I think all posted rumors are also in quotes & itallics, so they should be easy to find.

Back to the topic at hand: If you conisder the cost of each mark and the limitations, then MoN is IMHO better.
    Thanks rabbut!
    I'd pay 15pts for a mark to give them nurgle's rot like that
    Can you immagine what a "plague wing" list like that would DO to another list?
    aaaaanywho. Sorry for being off topic.

I too, find MoN a superior mark simply for the fact that for anything under Str 6 you force your oponents to roll a higher die to even cause a wound, and THEN you have power armor/termie armor. I've always been in the school of thought that if you can force your oponent to roll for more difficult chances.. then you should.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Not that it matter much for this thread, but against basic ranged weaponry the MoN is only slightly at a disadvantage when compared to the Necron Will be Back mechanic.

The thing is, like Caluin said, with the new codex, both the MoT & the MoN soud like they'll be very good indeed. Very exciting times for us...yep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

So what do you in your turn? Just sit there and read magazines?

Attack is the best form of defense. It's one school of thought which might have an impact in this game.

Cal has proved that rubrics are better at taking the damage, but I put forward the motion that plague marines are better at giving damage for the following reasons:

a) True grit
    b) assault weaponry
    c) cheaper = more of them.
    d) veteran skills.

I'll admit, my experience with rubrics is limited. But, I'll testify as to how savage plague marines are on the offense. As the Yak said, changing the T of a marine changes the game dynamic at such a basic level that it can really ruin and put off opponents who are used to going up against standard MeQs.

That coupled with the fact that you're casing more damage is something worth thinking about.

Like I said, Cal is probably right, but situations like this aren't black and white.. or.. blueberry and apple flavoured.. or whatever.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

thats exactly why you should use rubrics as assualt troops not as ranged infantry. In cc those 17 wounds really count as its mostly the champs that do all the damage anyways.

MoT cc ftw
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast