Proxies? (<-- yeesh.. what was with the 'z'?? ~ Papa K) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Proxies? (<-- yeesh.. what was with the 'z'?? ~ Papa K)

I plan to go to... well no. I AM going to Games Day Los Angeles this August, and I'm in the process of restarting my Alpha Legion with prettier models and some touch ups. My question is...

I don't really like the physical evidence of mutation on my models, but I like the rules for Possessed Chaos Space Marines. I like the idea that my Alpha Legion Possessed abilities could simply be that they are the best, greatest warriors in the galaxy. You know.. aspiring Lieutenants and etc.

If I make some really grandiose models as Possessed, will I be charged Proxy if I play in the Grand Tournament? Cause these:

aren't gonna cut it.

2H - LEGIO HYDRA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoHats View Post
    I plan to go to... well no. I AM going to Games Day Los Angeles this August, and I'm in the process of restarting my Alpha Legion with prettier models and some touch ups. My question is...

I don't really like the physical evidence of mutation on my models, but I like the rules for Possessed Chaos Space Marines. I like the idea that my Alpha Legion Possessed abilities could simply be that they are the best, greatest warriors in the galaxy. You know.. aspiring Lieutenants and etc.

If I make some really grandiose models as Possessed, will I be charged Proxy if I play in the Grand Tournament? Cause these:

aren't gonna cut it.
    I would say GO FOR IT MAN.

I saw someone play with an army of rottenwing (Deathwing painted and modeled as nurgle) in an official tournament and noone cared. As long as you explain what they count as, this is all right.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I don't think anyone could ever force anyone else to use those models...
    You just go ahead and build some possessed, and like the sexy spiky one said -inform your opponent of their nature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

yeah just use watever
    i hate those models and wouldnt care wat i used instead
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The trick to make the whole "counts as" work is to distinguish your possessed from your regular chaos guys in some way, all to avoid mix-ups on the table. And of course to take the chance of doing some spectacular converting/painting =)

Focus on what you're giving them, if for example Talons, and model it or an equivalent. You could do sharp blades (like Skaven fighting claws) or something, everything is ok as long as it says Rendening with capital R.
    If you're using Flight, you could get them angel wings or jump packs. Or a small flying beast.
    Btw, that would be a great Talon thing if they had a dog with really sharp teeth with them as only weapon =)
    "And that, my liege, is how we know the earth to be banana-shaped"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

I know everyone here at LO likes to hate on the GW Possessed, but am I the only one that at least doesn't absolutely hate one of them? I mean, the one in the center... maybe I'm crazy. Anyway, the purpose of this post is this suggestion, perhaps more geared to new gamers (like myself) who might read this post: what about the mutation sprew from the CSM box? Obviously some of the heads are less than optimal but i really like the two faced head and some of the arms are great especially for modeling Talons Possessed which are really the only kind I ever take. Just a word from the poor --er, wise, I guess? I'm not particularly wise though. Anyhow, cheers hope this helps someone out there in the void.
    Back from the dead to haunt new houses.
    Send me a hello if you remember me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

those hideous models only came out this summer, before that, people where using possesed for a long time, they didn't became verboten nor shall yours if you convert some.

I mean, the one in the center... maybe I'm crazy
    nah honorableSimon, you're not crazy, i agree! That models mayby the squads only redeeming feature!

Twohats, what are you going to model your possessed like?

Alpha legion possessed could have multiple heads, like the hydra.

Or have pitch-black skin so they infiltrate better.

Perhaps your possessed are in the process of morphing to resemble a loyalist marine!

:ninja:
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

HAHA KARMOON! I'm sorry, I was just being silly.

Quote Originally Posted by HeZu View Post
    those hideous models only came out this summer, before that, people where using possesed for a long time, they didn't became verboten nor shall yours if you convert some.

nah honorableSimon, you're not crazy, i agree! That models mayby the squads only redeeming feature!

Twohats, what are you going to model your possessed like?

Alpha legion possessed could have multiple heads, like the hydra.

Or have pitch-black skin so they infiltrate better.

Perhaps your possessed are in the process of morphing to resemble a loyalist marine!

:ninja:
    Great ideas here. I especially like the skin painted black...

I was going to take a bunch of pieces from Fantasy Warriors of Chaos and mix it up to make a more Knightly looking armor for my unit. So they would look.. bigger, basically. The added armor plates and maybe even green-stuff some capes to really give them the look that they are the champions, my friend.

I have 78 days to finish the project, so I'm spending a couple days to dream the dream before I make any major moves though. The armor would obviously encumber them in the process of Infiltrate.. I did just re-do my Lord model in a kind of Gladiator theme. I'll post pictures as soon as I paint him, but the basic idea is a bare head, bare arms, a big ol sash thing hanging from his belt, and more basic looking weaponry.

For his Dark Blade I used a Beastman handaxe, filed down to reasonable size. I got made fun of pretty bad the first time I used him at my hobby store. "Your Lord has a hatchet for a Daemon Weapon?" But as soon as he got to choppin' that was all over.

So.. Knightly look, or Gladiatory look?

p.s. I also like the Possessed champion model. If you change the horns he would be perfect.
    2H - LEGIO HYDRA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

I also like simpler weapons, and I have a Space Marine captain that has a de-Chaosed sword from the more recent Chaos Warriors.

I was going to take a bunch of pieces from Fantasy Warriors of Chaos and mix it up to make a more Knightly looking armor for my unit. So they would look.. bigger, basically. The added armor plates and maybe even green-stuff some capes to really give them the look that they are the champions, my friend.
    I think this could work well. I like the image of elite, knightly looking warriors with big cloaks that help hide them, like the elven ones in LotR. The Alpha legion are the ones who turned because they wanted to prove themselves against Marines, yes? If so, stealthy knights would fit thier fluff and play style quite well.

+ Reply to Thread