I am starting a new Chaos Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am starting a new Chaos Force

I used to play necrons.

I plan to have a Chaos Lord with heaps of ccb upgrades and two khrone berserker squads, the lord will be in one of them.

What I don't know now is to get another troop choice, a devastator squad or a tank. Can anyone help?

By the will of the C'tans and Tzeentch.

--------------------------

Necrons: 12/5/23 (lol I suck)
    Chaos (World Eaters): 4/0/0
    Chaos (Thousand Sons): 1/1/0
    Chaos (Khorne, Tzeentch and undivided): 1/3/1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

It sounds like you are going with WE and though the codex is changing to make all combinations more viable for your next choice I would roll with a predator. Just be sure to magnetize the weapons as who knows what will be good in the new dex.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Jhadora View Post
    I used to play necrons.

I plan to have a Chaos Lord with heaps of ccb upgrades and two khrone berserker squads, the lord will be in one of them.

What I don't know now is to get another troop choice, a devastator squad or a tank. Can anyone help?
    Hi there. My suggestion would be to first decide on what sort of force you are trying to build.
    As suggested, you are heavily invested in khorne and WE sounds like a choice for you. On the other hand Black legion also offers itself as an option.

I suggest reading up on how either of those choices affects your available choices for the army itself. If you do it "right" you can build your chaos army to be able to "switch hit" as I like to call it, where your army options can be used to fulfill either of those choices.
    Meaning, if it sounds good to you, start building it up as a World eaters army and later fill in the choices to make it Black legion. Overall, just get a good idea of how you would like your army to function and feel on the field.

BUT all that aside, REGARDLESS of how you decide to go, more troops is always a good thing.
    Though I haven't been around in a while, I can vouch for the army list section of the chaos forum. Submit a sample list and ask for some advice on composition along with a good description of what you are trying to achieve and I guarantee that one of the vets here will point you in the right direction.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

best advice would be to wait until September, see the new chaos codex, and THEN try and make a list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by KhornateChild View Post
    best advice would be to wait until September, see the new chaos codex, and THEN try and make a list.
    Unless he wanted to play chaos... you know.. before Sep.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new Codex is coming in September? Cool, I was going to lament about how you can't play a Tzeentch army that isn't thousand sons, unlike EVERY other god, and how the current rules for them are unbalanced towards armies fighting them, but now I won't complain because the fix is coming!!! They will once more be the ultimate psykers of the Universe and Warp!!!
    "Thousand Sons! Fight in the Emperor's name!"

W/D/L
    DA :8/5/7 Eldar:3/3/5 1KSons:3/1/2

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by UnderDarkLord View Post
    The new Codex is coming in September? Cool, I was going to lament about how you can't play a Tzeentch army that isn't thousand sons, unlike EVERY other god, and how the current rules for them are unbalanced towards armies fighting them, but now I won't complain because the fix is coming!!! They will once more be the ultimate psykers of the Universe and Warp!!!
    In case you haven't already, go to the chaos rumor compilation thread. It has all the reputedly new inclusions.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...mpilation.html

I wouldn't be too concerned over using T.S. marines. They're rumored to get an ENORMOUS boost; and yes, they should still be permissible in a non-cult army.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread