Thousand Sons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thousand Sons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thousand Sons

Sorry if this is redundant but ok, can the marines move, shoot bolters, AND assault...if so, OMG

"Let the galaxy burn!" Horus, in the Istvaan V campaign.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Yes I am pretty sure that they can, but they move slower and why would you want to assualt anything with thousand sons they strike at the same time as a powerfist.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, no, no, no......... thats old 3rd ed Slow and Pusposeful rules (as per chaos codex)..... slow and purposeful in the BGB does not say they strike at initiative 1......... they strike as per normal Int. {goofy}

and in answer to the original question, yes they can move, rapid fire and still assault (although no extra attack for charging is granted){goofy}

SON'S OF TERRA......... Your defeat, its the emperor's will

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Yes, they can definitely move, shoot & assault (all in the same turn).
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't it state int he current Chaos codex that rubric marines strike at Initiative 1 in cc?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar_Malevich View Post
    Doesn't it state int he current Chaos codex that rubric marines strike at Initiative 1 in cc?
    It does say that. But I believe it is superceded by the slow and purposeful entry in the rulebook. Which says that they don't. Or rather, doesn't say that they do, which is much the same thing.
    "You challenge me knowing that I am Xiahou Dun!?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    264 (x6)

The text of Slow and Purposeful in the codex is overruled by the Universal Special Rule, Slow and Purposeful, which removes the drawbacks of striking slower in the assault phase and being unable to perform a Sweeping Advance. However, it's still a bit of a blow that you don't get any attacks for charging, so don't expect your regular Rubric Marines to kill anything. They very much exemplify the Hidden Powerfist technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must apologize for i am sorely offended by the results of your question. Not one but 5 people over looked the fact that NO ONE can fire a rapid fire weapon and still charge into close combat. This is courtesy of the big rule book we all know and love. In terms of thousand they are able to fire and shoot their bolters to maximum effect but are unable to charge due to the rule in the book of rapid fire weapon use. I don't know where everyone suddely got the idea that you were able to. If i am wrong please point out where i can find the right info.
    I reject your reality and substitute me own!

I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarpedon View Post
    I must apologize for i am sorely offended by the results of your question. Not one but 5 people over looked the fact that NO ONE can fire a rapid fire weapon and still charge into close combat. This is courtesy of the big rule book we all know and love. In terms of thousand they are able to fire and shoot their bolters to maximum effect but are unable to charge due to the rule in the book of rapid fire weapon use. I don't know where everyone suddely got the idea that you were able to. If i am wrong please point out where i can find the right info.
    slow and purposeful. counts as a stationary platform when shooting any weapon. CAn still assault. Thats how obliterators can shoot lascannons and still get up and PF everything.

CAn thousand sons doubletap the bolters and then assault? Gotta check on that one. But i know they can at least shoot once!
    Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr_the_AzureWind View Post
    slow and purposeful. counts as a stationary platform when shooting any weapon. CAn still assault. Thats how obliterators can shoot lascannons and still get up and PF everything.

CAn thousand sons doubletap the bolters and then assault? Gotta check on that one. But i know they can at least shoot once!
    They can indeed double-tap (mental not of good slang), but unfortunately I don't have the big book on me. Someone else will undoubtedly give the exact location of this ruling.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast