Independant Character - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Independant Character

I'm building a Blood Angels based army and am debateing on which Independant characters to use.

I'm thinking of useing Lemartes with my death company, because he's only 5 points more than the jump pack chaplain that I was going to use.

However, I'm not sure which IC to use for my main HQ.

I was going to use Mpehiston because his story is cool, the figure looks nice, and i like the idea of his powers. Useing all of the psychic powers in one turn, a force weapon that can be used in conjuction with the powers. However he's very pricey at (almost as much as a land raider), a full 25 points above their chapter master.

The other options are

Dante for (about 25 less than mephiston) who is jump infantry and reduces enemies' bs and ws by 1 and has a meltagun (kinda) and a master crafted power weapon

Brother Captain Tycho (who is actually dead fluffwise) for (about half as much as mephiston) who has combi weapon, and iron halo, his only useful skill is rites of battle.

Brother corbulo for (slightly less than tycho) who lets you ignore one failed save per turn, gives furious charge to everyone within 12 at the beginning of the assault phase, 4+ invulnerable, buthe does not have a power weapon of any kind and he is not jump equiped.

Any help would be apreciated. Right now my list has Mephiston with jump equiped honor guard (so they can keep up with his wings of sanguinus) which nets me (in addition to mephiston's stuff) the ability to ignore a failed save and two extra power weapons, and the ability to repair vehicles.

Last edited by Lord_Blackstone; July 26th, 2007 at 03:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK I have the list and can tell you 1 simple thing: Tycho sucks lasgun

his Special ability, prefered enemy is wasted, cause he already hits every ork it's usable against on 3s anyway, and a combi-meltagun? WTF? he's completely useless and should just go and commit suicide against an entire nid army!

dante's meltapistol is awesome (extra attack WOOT!) but mephiston is ****ing scary in CC!

btw you're not aloud to post exact point, or something like that to do with copyright infringement....

hurry change it before the mods unleash thy holy bolter on thy head
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I removed the points values, however I don't see why it should be such a big deal if it's perfectly ok to list the points values of independant characters in army lists in the army list section.

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno... might be because not many people use em?

and IC aren't just special characters, they get the "total" points on the army list like with wargear, weapons and whatnot!

oh and tycho still sucks *gang beats on him with every other special character*
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

At the end of the day you should pick the model / character you like the most - if that's Mephiston, go for him - remember 40k is supposed to be about having fun not being obsessed with winning every game (and therefore a bad loser). I don't play BA myself but from what you've said here I would go with him if you want overkill - after all that's what special characters are for!

Dante also sounds nice as an alternative - and if you already have the jump pack squad to go with Mephiston you can just swap them round as you please!

+ Reply to Thread