Inducted IG - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inducted IG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Inducted IG

At what point level would one induct IG?

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't take Inducted IG in under 1000 points unless against specific armies, and even then no more than one Troops choice. A Platoon does give you plenty of extra heavy weapons for fighting Tau and three squads in cover will be a lot tougher to crack than a couple Dreadnoughts or a Land Raider. A Platoon brings lots of guns against the Tyranids as well, or a single Armored Fist squad with veteran sergeant and flamer makes a good counterattack unit against swarms.
    "HQ, my LOS is blocked by a soda bottle. I'm moving to unmask my guns."
    "Negative! The soda bottle is the Carnifex!"
    "Dang proxy models!"
    -Cmdr. Kren, www.tsoalr.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i never leave home without htem. personally i use armored fist squads, so that i can have chimeras, and 2 squads with lascannons, and then the chimeras with multilasers, heavebolters, and heavy stubbers, start laying some covering fire, and a lot of hurt, to weak units. heres what you get at 24 inches

2 Str 9 AP 2 shots
    6 Str 6 AP 6 shots
    6 Str 5 AP 4 shots
    6 Str 4 AP 6 shots
    16 Str 3 AP - shots

thats 36 shots o pain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Krzysio View Post
    i never leave home without htem. personally i use armored fist squads, so that i can have chimeras, and 2 squads with lascannons, and then the chimeras with multilasers, heavebolters, and heavy stubbers, start laying some covering fire, and a lot of hurt, to weak units. heres what you get at 24 inches

2 Str 9 AP 2 shots
    6 Str 6 AP 6 shots
    6 Str 5 AP 4 shots
    6 Str 4 AP 6 shots
    16 Str 3 AP - shots

thats 36 shots o pain
    This is good advice.

I would start with them at 1500pts, and at 2000 two AF squad and a Leman Russ are nice.

Also, 1500pts is nice for one platoon with three Lascannons and three Plasma guns!
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thanks for the advice so far. Now to my next question. How much do we want to send on the inducted IG? I have 50 IG armed all the same way, lasguns. The JO is armed wit ha laspistol and ccw. I can field 2 lascannons,2 autocannons, or 2 heavy bolters(I needed on HB to give the LR a hull H. Then I have a Leman Russ tank. The IG by themselves comes out to 320 points. The Leman Russ can be 167 points. I know that the GK cost alot and all but I still want to field as many GK as I can. I believe the next league that I will be in is 1500 points.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Here is what I recommend:

All IG squads should have a Lascannon and a Plasma Gun. Grey Knights don't lack anti-troop Storm Bolter fire, but have a definate problem with Tanks and 2+ save Creatures, both of which can be handled nicely by the Las/Plasma combo. The rest of the IG squad is really there for 'meat' to shoot the heavy and special weapons. I also give my squads a Veteran Sgt for Leadership. LD8 isn't great but it is obviously better than a Guardsmans stock LD7.:cry:

If you want to get a Russ, then the best way is to take two AF squads. I equip my Chimeras with Turret Multilaser, Hull Heavy Bolter and I pay the points for the wonderfull Guard only Heavy Stubber. That gives the Chimera 9 x 36" shots and makes a viable light ranged tank on its own, which is just the way I use it:yes:. I also add EA and Smoke to all my Guard vehicles.

As for the Russ, my favorite kit is the triple Heavy Bolter combo with the Battle Cannon. That way even if the main gun is destroyed you still have some nice Dakka. There are many cases when shooting the three Heavy Bolters is preferable to shooting the Battle Cannon. Again EA and Smoke are essential, IMO.

Cheers, DH
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

I use 2 Armored Fists in some of my WitchHunter tourney armies. They work out nice. I outfit them very similarly to how Krzysio does, except I swap out the lascannon for Autocannon. Autocannon is cheaper, and still throws a fairly strong shot. I figure that rather than wondering if I'll hit with a lascannon, I SHOULD be able to hit with 1 of the two Autocannon shots. The AP isn't as good, but it's still a threat to enough people.

I usually have fair anti-tank out of my WH portion of the force. The AutoCannon helps with the pesky skimmers. Esp. with Eldar, it's not what you're throwing, it's how much you can throw.

I recommend starting to consider IG at around 1000pts as well. I like the 2 armored Fists, and adding in a Leman Russ. The Russ draws a lot of fire away from other tanks or Dreads you have. I suppose a LandRaider would still draw a lot of fire. Ive found my Chimera and Exorcists become secondary targets to the Russ.

Induction is kind of nice to try for a change of pace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Ha! This will be fun- 5 units of 10 with a PGun, Vox Caster, and a Lascannon. the Command unit has a Lascannon, a PGun, and a Vox Caster. I do beleive it is like 575 points.

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the closest I'd get to inducted IG, is an armoured fist squad mounted in a chimerafor mobile fire support, meat for the grinder and cannon fodder (got to love the cheap nessand stupidity of the simple minded IG infantryman lol) but mainly due to....

ADVANCED COMMS ^^

Re-rolls for deep strike and reserves ^^ perfect for that precise GK teleport attack

Seeing as i take ages to paint my models, i don't think IG will ever be an option as it'd take ages for me to paint up a single decent squad and then it'd get a bit depressing to see hours and hours of paintwork being killed very quickly

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

why is everyone mean to imperal guard they are not cannon fodder in fact they work perfectly with grey knights because grey knights are one of the most powerful close range units in the game and IG are the best long range(Human) army in the game so they compliment each other guard shoots the enemy far away and when about to be assaulted suddenly grey knight terminators deep strike out of no where and PAGK jump from behind the guard lines storm bolters blazing saving the guardsmen's hides and ending the game with a major victory with minor losses. bye the why thank u Diggums Hammer for using my name lol
    Last edited by Dakka,Dakka,Dakka; August 3rd, 2007 at 03:56.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. July 26th, 2007, 17:43