Pointers for Rogue Trader Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Pointers for Rogue Trader Army

Quote Originally Posted by hvychvy22
    I was wondering if you could give me some pointers or ideas for building a 1850 Rogue Trader Army that is a well rounded force? We all know that in RT's you are not always going to fight chaos in each game.

Thanks
    I got the above PM, and think it's really best served up to the forum in general. (Hope that's OK, hvychvy22.) For starters, there are many ways to go about building a "balanced" DH force at just about any points level. But it all depends on what you want out of your army and what fits your playstyle.

Do you want to play radical? Pure GK? Pure DH? Do you wish to employ allies/inductees?
    How much mobility vs static firepower do you want?
    Infantry-heavy, or relatively mechanized?
    What kind of balance between firepower and assault power do you wish to strike?

ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

First off, know your army. Nothing is more annoying than someone who constantly stops to check his codex. RTT's are not for people who don't know the rules either. That wastes precious game time. Second, don't use a list you've never played with. This can be crucial to you winning or even drawing one game. Make sure you are familiar with every aspect of your list. Third, have fun. You may be paying money, but it's still all about fun. Lastly, don't cheat. Cheaters are liars and liars go to hell (as fat man Smith always says...).

-J

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

number6
    I would probably play a pretty straight forward Grey Knights army nothing radical. I am a pretty straight laced person so doing odd things is not my cup of tea. I am open to employing allies at times because that would allow you to change things up a bit and give you a variety instead of a vanilla army each game. I have never been a big Mech player in 40k. I would prefer to do most of my fighting at a distance but have no problem going close combat if the opprotunity presents itself. I am getting back into 40k after being away for a few years. I love the GK figures both new and old so I would like to put an army together with them.

SWAT72
    Totally agree about the knowing your army. I am just trying to figure out the troops I will be using so I can play test them and learn them.

Thanks for the insight just looking for some ideas for my newest army since GW has banished my squats to the abyss of the warp and the harlequins have been neutered (in my opinion).
    Last edited by hvychvy22; July 28th, 2007 at 02:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Use- large units of GK's, small units with psycannons, FAGK with incinerators, IST's w/ plasma, IST in rhino w/ melta.

-J

I'm back.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. July 27th, 2007, 23:41