Which Version Proves Better? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking of buying more heavy firepower for my daemonhunters army and i don't know which one to pick. The land raider is great at taking out other tanks which i'm in dire need of but then again the crusader can carry moremodels and has a huge arsenal, capable of takin out whole units in one turn but it isn't as good against other tanks. So i was just wonderin which one u'd pick if u had a mostly pure grey knights army and versing TAU, eldar and chaos most of the time. thanks

'No evil will escape the just punishment of rightenous'

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That really depends on what else you're taking. I go with the regular Land Raider for the anti-tank ability, but I keep my units on the smaller side. Also, I give my fast attack GKs Melta Bombs and I put STs with Melta Guns in a Chimera. The only units I ever transport in the LR are my GM and my Termies and those units are only five strong. I like to split my army up pretty evenly between shooty units and C.C. units. But, if you have most of your units tooled up to shoot with some good weapons, and prefer one or two large C.C. units like 8 Terminators or something, then maybe you would want the Crusader to mow down a path through the enemy infantry with Bolter fire and then drop off a ton of Terminators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the tanks are really for different things. I like to think that the regular landraider is for treadheads, while the cruisader is for largely troop armies. My powergaming friends say they will only take the cruisader if its full of terminators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i say the crusader is a more front line friendly tank-big transport and LOTS of anti infantry power, while the standard pattern is more of a mobile tank killer. id say crusader with as many termies in it for tau (theyre bad when u get really close and assault) eldar and chaos i cant tell-ud need to know the basic idea of what they would field. i just like the crusader cause of the hurricane bolters the 8 termie capacity is a plus though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys. I'm basically gonna deep strike alot of guys but i want a good ground force as well. here's my army list

HQ
    Grand-master
    Inquisitor Lord with; Gun servitor-multi melta
    Acolyte
    Familiars x3
    Sage

Elite
    Brother-captain
    Terminators x3
    Incinerator Terminator
    Vindicare assasin

Heavy support
    Dread nought with Lascannon and power fist

Fast attack
    1 squad of 4 normal GK, 2 incinerators and a Justicar
    1 squad of 4 normal GK, 2 psycannons and a justicar
    1 squad of 6 normal Gk and a Justicar

Troop
    1 squad of 4 normal ST and Grenade launcher
    1 squad of 5 normal ST and a Veteren
    Chimera with multi-laser and heavy bolter (note: this transport can be used for either squad of ST)

This list is approx. 1600 points. plz tell me wheather or not i should get a land raider or crusader. My personal opinion is to get a normal land raider but then again i could be wrong. thanks
    'No evil will escape the just punishment of rightenous'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd get a regular LR. I'd also switch the psycannons on the FA GK squad to Incinerators, and make the third FA GK squad a Troops choice. Maybe give them psycannons. You can put all your STs into one squad, and take more Termies if you want. I know this is more advice than you asked for. Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by frosty842@Mar 8 2004, 04:47
    note: this transport can be used for either squad of ST)

This list is approx. 1600 points. plz tell me wheather or not i should get a land raider or crusader. My personal opinion is to get a normal land raider but then again i could be wrong. thanks

I assume that you will decide before the game which squad will use the chimera, right? cuz once the game starts only that squad may ride in it

theres nothing to be right or wrong about in choosing either version of the LR - if it does what you want it to do then you chose right - I take the LRC for the sole purpose of delivering my GM and 4 terminators to the hottest spot on the board and it works really well in that purpose - once dropped I run the LRC to any area where it might make a difference (ie. kill a tank, support other assaults, pick up stragglers, grab table quarters, and so on) I have only had the thing destroyed 2 or 3 times in about 10 games

Closed Thread