Lrc?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lrc??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Lrc??

Quick questions:

1: Hurricane Bolters, it says they are boltguns, I'm assuming boltguns are just bolters?

2: Using the Maching Spirit you could fire all of its weapons and move 12"? Because the only offensive weapon is the multimelta, the AC would be a defensive one? IIRC.

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x2)

1. Boltguns and Bolters are equal... Hurricane bolters are 3 twin linked bolters.

2. I don't think you can "choose" wheter to use PoTMS. If you're getting a crew stunned it kicks in, allowing you to move and fire one weapon at lower BS. Or of course moving it's full distance. full distance and firing though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    2: Using the Maching Spirit you could fire all of its weapons and move 12"? Because the only offensive weapon is the multimelta, the AC would be a defensive one? IIRC.
    No. The PotMS only allows you to fire weapons at speeds you would normally be allowed to do so at. You shouldn't be able to fire any weapons at a speed greater than 6", although the hurricane bolters may still allow those to be fired because the DH rules for the crusader are utterly out of date.

For a while GW said use the stats from codex: Space Marines...seems that got washed away .
    Last edited by Rork; August 1st, 2007 at 21:28.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

So if I boost the thing forward 12" for 2 turns the only thing I can fire are the H-Bolters?
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

So if I boost the thing forward 12" for 2 turns the only thing I can fire are the H-Bolters?
    Yes, and even that is a bit debatlable. The Space Marine LRC cannot fire H-Bolters when moving more that 6"
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

If you're using Codex: Daemonhunter rules (i.e. using our profile on the assault cannon), then you'd be able to fire the Hurricane Bolters at normal BS (due to the H-bolter special rules), and one other weapon at BS 2 (due to the PotMS special rule).

If you're using Codex: Space Marine rules (i.e. using the updated assault cannon... and you should be doing this =D), then you'd be able to fire any weapon of your choice at BS 2. Note that each Hurricane Bolter sponson would count as a seperate weapon. Generally, it's best to use the Assault cannon for your PotMS shots, since it's twin-linked, and often Rending is what you're concerned about, which will happen on a 6 regardless of BS. Also: more shots -- always a good thing.

On a side-note, there are some that claim you can fire at an additional target using PotMS -- don't listen to them ! Nowhere in the current PotMS entries (DH or SM) does it suggest you may violate standard targeting rules.

Cheers,

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    If you're using Codex: Daemonhunter rules (i.e. using our profile on the assault cannon), then you'd be able to fire the Hurricane Bolters at normal BS (due to the H-bolter special rules), and one other weapon at BS 2 (due to the PotMS special rule).

If you're using Codex: Space Marine rules (i.e. using the updated assault cannon... and you should be doing this =D), then you'd be able to fire any weapon of your choice at BS 2. Note that each Hurricane Bolter sponson would count as a seperate weapon. Generally, it's best to use the Assault cannon for your PotMS shots, since it's twin-linked, and often Rending is what you're concerned about, which will happen on a 6 regardless of BS. Also: more shots -- always a good thing.

On a side-note, there are some that claim you can fire at an additional target using PotMS -- don't listen to them ! Nowhere in the current PotMS entries (DH or SM) does it suggest you may violate standard targeting rules.

Cheers,

-H
    If you are using the DH rules for the Hurricane bolter then you wouldn't have PotMS at all. You can't pick and choose which rule set you want to follow halfway through the shooting phase.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. August 3rd, 2007, 19:02