Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All you players having trouble with Tau, I went under cover and posted this thread:
    http://forum.librarium-online.com/in...howtopic=10811
    Check it out from time to time. It might help. Mwa ha ha!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He he... sneaky.
    Nothing out of the ordinary yet, bur any bit helps.
    And we can laugh in their face =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another way would be to just ask...

Senior Member Brother-Captain Fenix's Avatar
    in my mind.........................................
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope Cant ask becuase we are daemonhunters and we cant let the tau know about our doings its heresy
    When cities burn and armies turn
    and flee in disarray,

Cowards will cry 'tis best to fly
    and fight another day,

But warriors know it in their marrow when they
    die and fall,

It is better to have fought and lost than not have
    fought at all.

Fenix's Titles!

the keeper of the stuff!
    the knower of werty!
    the master of the obvious!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the name of Aun'Shui abase yourselfs!! I must admit, your GK helmets look sooo cool tho!! Can't wait to smash them in... :a

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously though, feel free to ask. I mean, pretty much the only Daemonhunters players I've faced seem to be relatively incompetent, so even if all I get to do is talk with you and suggest things, that'll be something. If the Tau players you face are taken out, then maybe they'll come up with new strategies - which is half the fun. Certainly if I ever face you it'll be refreshing to have to come up with new ideas.

-Aun'o Ka'lii

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shavandro-Evera!? *language I made up, means *****?* You sneaky little cannon fodder!! Let the l337 Tau Railguns demolish you! But as khry said, just ask.. dont be F00lish..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.....demolished by railguns?

Yeah, has happened.

once

After that, i never really had any trouble with Tau - main point i found was not to go anywhere near 'em!!

Nah, they're mobile and hard-hitting, and the mobility gives them a lot of tactical options - makes them tough to beat - although they seem to fall over like packs of cards when they do get hit, and as soon as you get into HtH, even with O'Shova, then you can open up a can of Holy Emperors's Blessed Whup-Ass ™.

Don't play their game, and make sure you play scenario's rather than stand-up fights - keep this in mind, and i'm sure you'll find the Tau to be amongst the hardest and most enjoyable opponents you'll come across.

NOBODY expects the Holy Inquisition!
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
    and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor....
    Our four... no...
    Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
    are such elements as fear, surprise...

I'll come in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by InquisitorLordMalik@Mar 28 2004, 10:24
    make sure you play scenario's rather than stand-up fights - keep this in mind, and i'm sure you'll find the Tau to be amongst the hardest and most enjoyable opponents you'll come across.

YES! YES!

For the love of the Emperor and the Greater Good, please play scenarios. We're just setting up for a tournament in the other room, and the number of people who say they 'just want to play a game'. I've actually heard someone ask what a scenario is.

Battles (not to be confused with the battle scenario-type): Two armies just happen to find themselves facing one another, and for no particular reason decide to kill one another on sight. Joy.

Scenarios: The two armies are in the area for a *reason*, and while fulfilling their objectives obviously requires some destruction to the foe, it isn't simply 'Oh, I killed two more of you than you did of me. Therefore I win.'

Scenarios are good, interesting, and fun!

End Rantlet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few things to do against Tau ...

1. Take lots of pyscannon-wielding GK Troops squads (2 'cannons in each if possible) and shoot the crap out of Fire Warriors and Battlesuits. You will likely outrange either unit (or match range in the case of suits with missile pods, but those don't penetrate GK armor) and with 4-6 psycannons you'll mow them down like grass. Of course FW can't hold up, being wounded on a 2+ and not getting a save. Suits can't rely on their Shield Drones to protect them and are also wounded on a 2+. The 3+ save is some protection but they should be taking 2 or 3 wounds per turn if the GK fire is concentrated on them. A max-size suit team will go down in 2 or 3 turns depending on the number of psycannons. Return fire will be greatly hindered by The Shrouding.

Also, you can take down Devilfish transports with the 'cannons, but they shouldn't be first priority.

2. Aside from suits (Stealth or Crisis variety), Pathfinders, and Hammerheads, the Tau army will probably be formed up as a stationary firebase with FW and Broadsides. FW can be handled by your shooting, as mentioned above, but Broadsides are best taken down in CC and it's an efficient way to deal with FW as well. Enter your deep-striking Termies or GK Teleport Attacks. They will get shot up when they come in, but a squad of 5 Termies or 10 GKs will most likely survive with a couple of models, which is all you need to whup some Tau booty in combat. If they stand and shoot they will be engaged unless they get lucky and wipe you out, and this will also take the heat off your other units. Once engaged, they're done for. If they move away, they lose any effective shooting power they may have, so that's fine too.

Another way to deal with the firebase is a Lance Strike, but as we all know that's far from reliable. It DOES help, though, and will at least freak the Tau player out.

3. Ignore the Kroot until they're brought within assault range. They're no real challenge to GKs in CC.

4. The Hammerhead is the toughest thing to deal with, but its single railgun shot shouldn't be too terrifying. Resist the temptation to take a Dread or LR to deal with it, since they'll quickly be destroyed by the Hammerhead and Broadsides. The best thing to do is ignore it until the Tau player presents a flank to a unit with psycannons, or to target it with multi-melta servitors if you've got any. At any rate, if you kill everything else, it won't save the Tau on its own.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast