Help Evil Dark Elder Army must be destroyed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help Evil Dark Elder Army must be destroyed

Help i am in need of advise of defeating a uber hard dark elder army with a space marines are lead by a player who is very skilled with his army.

This is what im up against:
    He has a witch army which has 2 witch squads W/witch weps (halves your weapon skill, and you dont get +1 attack for having 2 had weps) haywire grenades, plasma grenades, combat drugs and the sergs have a speical a power weps that glance veicles on 6's (aganiser) with 2 raider transports which are open topped skimmers. One has a witch lord with drugs and witch wep

He also has a large squad of jetbikes W/ a shreader, drugs, witch weps and the serg has a aganiser. The is also a lord on a bike with drugs witch wep shadowfield(gives a 2+ inv that stops working if it fails once).

Then to finish it up he has a warp beast pack.

What he does is this:
    He deploys his army behind terrain so i cant shot it then when its his turn he shots his raiders 12" gets out the witchs and fleets them (almost always getting 4 or more) then assults if he can. the bikes turbo in. For his drugs on most commanly he gets +1 attack, fearless, or 12" assualt(i hate 12" assault) then if his not in combat his in cover getting his 4+ cover save. then i fire my army at them and instead of him falling halve like a normal person he will pass 9/10 saves so he loses 2-5 in a turn. then when he assaults he kill my squads 1 or 2 a turn. then the raiders has dark lances or decintergraters that cut though my men very quickly. What should i do please help.

The Emperor Protects:yes:or does he:shifty:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

If he's foolish enough to deploy raiders on the table, get a whirlwind or two. Double hits, ordnance and S5 will scare the living daylights out of the flimsy raiders.

Countering the bikes is something you should look at land speeders for (Well, land speeders are never bad...).

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, one of my biggest competitors plays DE, and he has a similar setup, just more wyches and raiders and men.

The best thing for you to do is to take a counter assault unit like an assault squad, lead by Chaplain with a Jump Pack and Lightning claws, you want to cause as many wounds as possible so he fails a few saves.

And get a meat shield of two squads of 5 scouts. place these 5-7" in-front of your Gunline, Dev Squads with HB are very good. You will also want alot of shots. Wyches get moved down by flashlights, so HB are very good.

Also, I agree with Rork, get a whirlwind or 2 and place them in the far corners and just rain down vengeance missiles on bunches of DE or there hated Raider.

And focus your fire against a single unit at a time. Don't worry about his lord, you just need to kill his army, and gain enough VP's to win.

Remember that Dark Elder are fast and good at Close combat. A bolter can take down a raider. So, maybe u could also take a squad or 2 of scouts with heavy bolters and shoot them even if they try to hide.

Good Luck, I hope you win
    Tell us the result

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try focusing on massed fire power, doesn't matter how strong it is, as like was mentioned, anything can drop a raider. Predator destructors would be good, as would Land Speeder Tornados.

If he only has two raiders then where are his anti-tank weapons? You could get Razor-Backs with heavy bolters for those scout squads, back this up with 2 whirlwinds and a destructor and he would have a hard time taking down that much armor.

Another Dastardly trick you could do is the old Librarian on a bike with "Fear of the Darkness" trick. Just drive straight into the middle of his line and watch it scatter.

I don't much like the Chappy with Lightning Claws idea, as most of his army has whych weapons, so the second lightning claw becomes a waste of points, as does the assault marines second attack.

In all, I think massed fire power is the way to go, heavy bolters all the way.
    Last edited by Saraneth; August 5th, 2007 at 02:20.
    If you call it a Missile launcher, then it'll never hit anything.

100% of people who aren't Karmoon know Saraneth is invincible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thoose are nice ideas but Dragon that sniper line is loopy why would i want to give him a speed boost if he rips though the scouts in one turn then im ok but its more likely that he willl take 2 turns stopping me from firing at him theN boosting him closer to me. I like the heavy bolter idea but remember that the raiders are hidden until there pay load is dropped off(P.S. his anti tank is his raiders he says that they dark lances or decintergraters(Cursed spelling)) I like the Fear of darkness idea (aslong as he doesnt get fearless) and theWhirlWind idea though i will have to wait to us whirlwind so that i can buy them(im skint:cry ALSO i have termy in my army should i drop them for techmarine and gun servitors and some more marines. Its only a 1000pt game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd probably drop the termies to free up points and get more heavy bolters.

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Get landspeeders with asssault cannons. Deploy them out of LOS, and up front. Use there mobility to deny the raiders getting withen 24 inches of your infantry.

Unless the witches get the extra assault range, they should only be able to assault 26 inches, with a 6 on the fleet.

Without landspeeders, a good DE player should be able to dissect your list with relative ease, landspeeders match the speed, and out gun the raider by quite a bit. They are also tougher, and perfectly suited for killing anything in the DE army list.

Good Luck.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, hold up, I never said anything about snipers, they are only really good against foot slogging Dark Eldar Armies so that u can pin them.

I am talking about bolters and bolt pistols and Close Combat Weapons.

About the Lightning claws, I was meaning to add that the only way to stop wyches once they are in combat is to cause alot of wounds. 8-10 assault marines with a chaplain(Reclusiarch to save points) will cause enough wounds.:yes:

Otherwise good luck again. DONT USE SNIPERS!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to point out that your assault squad has just as much chance of causing wounds against wyches as a Tactical Squad. Wyche Weapons Deny your bonus attack, which is the only thing the Assualt has on the Tac Sqaud (aside from the Jump Pack), which is also why paying for the extra lightning claw is silly, as you wont get to use it.

+ Reply to Thread