Partial Hereticus Models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Partial Hereticus Models

Got a big ole box of sisters and Inquisition at a store auction recently. About 3 boxes worth of sisters, a few scattered (battered) arco-flagellants, a pair of penitent engines (painted and based) with battered and heavilly damaged combat arms (natch) and about half a dozen seraphim, as well as an Inquisitor and his retinue painted up to table legal conditions (given that I also got an Inquisitor and his retinue painted, now I've got enough for a full Lord's compliment, including three sub Inquisitors :p).

Now as I got this for about forty bucks, I'm not complaining about the condition.

What I do want to request is this, suggestions on how I can...
    1.) Make repairs to the arco-flagellants that look reasonable, given that only about two of them have both arms (for some reason nobody's got a right arm...). I was thinking of using some unused marine chainswords or such for the arms instead. I've been told that Witch Hunters is 'Imperial Chaos' and is friendly to the most mean looking fugly conversion possibilities.

2.) Give the seraphim their jetpacks (only two of them seem to have any) (are the bits for seraphim jetpacks tied in with the seraphim themselves, or seperate?)

3.) Repair the PE arms. Would glue be sufficient? One of the 'ball joint joins' seems to be cracked as well as detached. Would green stuffing and pinning be advisable? None of the arms are attached.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spook2k5 View Post
    Got a big ole box of sisters and Inquisition at a store auction recently. About 3 boxes worth of sisters, a few scattered (battered) arco-flagellants, a pair of penitent engines (painted and based) with battered and heavilly damaged combat arms (natch) and about half a dozen seraphim, as well as an Inquisitor and his retinue painted up to table legal conditions (given that I also got an Inquisitor and his retinue painted, now I've got enough for a full Lord's compliment, including three sub Inquisitors :p).

Now as I got this for about forty bucks, I'm not complaining about the condition.

What I do want to request is this, suggestions on how I can...
    1.) Make repairs to the arco-flagellants that look reasonable, given that only about two of them have both arms (for some reason nobody's got a right arm...). I was thinking of using some unused marine chainswords or such for the arms instead. I've been told that Witch Hunters is 'Imperial Chaos' and is friendly to the most mean looking fugly conversion possibilities.

2.) Give the seraphim their jetpacks (only two of them seem to have any) (are the bits for seraphim jetpacks tied in with the seraphim themselves, or seperate?)

3.) Repair the PE arms. Would glue be sufficient? One of the 'ball joint joins' seems to be cracked as well as detached. Would green stuffing and pinning be advisable? None of the arms are attached.

Thanks.
    Well lets start with
    1. They are weird mutated mad scientist things so do not think it matters what kind of arms you give them as long as they look good for you.

2.seraphims come in 2 pieces the sister and her jet pack.

3. i have never found anything a little green stuff glue and paint will not fix. Besides it makes your PE's unquie.
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

p.s. where did you find such a good deal that is what i need to find
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

76 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    p.s. where did you find such a good deal that is what i need to find
    Auction.

Auctions held at local gaming shops tend to be the holy grail for the cheap-ass gamer.

At a previous one I got a similar box of various tyranids in disrepair.

45 bucks for a hive tyrant, 3 old school tyrant guard, about 25 gargoyles, 40 genestealers, two carnifexes, and some incomplete raveners.

The box of sisters I got at the most recent one was just a piece of the stuff I got, including a one dollar broken keeper of secrets (debating repair or just using for bits), a 2 dollar metal dreadnought (sadly, SpaceWolves), a metal command squad box for 2 bucks (lacking vet sgt), a scratch built drop pod, a box of terrain, etc etc etc.

Most folks at an auction frown on the 'box o'minis' since they tend to require repair, bits and/or painting. Admittedly, a good portion of my sisters are without back/jetpacks (and I apparently have a canonness without an arm), so I'm forseeing a bits order from hell soon. Still, I've got more then enough table legal sisters now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Indeed - deals like that are Emperor-sent when you are collecting SOB army. This is how I started my second army - used deal that needed some work and almost no bitz ordered (used metal wires mostly, but that is easy with Necrons).

Looking through my own case yesterday, I was just amazed on how (heavy it was!) many Sister Superior models you need, all with different weapons and gear, to call your army “complete”.

Arcos – do not use them at all.
    PEs – mine have pins in all their ball-joints (arms, torso) and also one going from the leg, through the “foot” and into the base for added strength…
    Seraphims – like was said above – sisters come with two parts: body + backpack. Special models will have weapons separate (heavy weapons, Canoness).

Good Luck with your box!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know GW sells the packs individually but they aren't cheap. There probably a store that can sell it for cheaper. I unfortunately haven't found many places online that sell bits though.

Unless you are dead set on the jump packs for the Seraphim, you could pick up a reaper mini box of Angelic Wings. probably for the same price as buying the all jetpacks from GW directly maybe even cheaper.
    Current Armies:
    40k: Witch Hunters, starting Dark Eldar
    Warmahordes: Cryx; Circle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

76 (x2)

I mostly just need packs of some sort for them. I'm imagining the guy who sold this sold itbecause his collection recieved some unplanned damage. A lot of his based sisters are painted, but lacking their power-pack, similarly, many of the seraphim are painted, but denuded of their jump packs.

How much we looking at per pack? 2 bucks each? I was pondering using marine jump packs, but they're a bit too big for the girls.

I've noticed a strange trend with Sororitas models, they seem to perpetually be seeking their power packs.

+ Reply to Thread