Landspeeders and cover? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Landspeeders and cover?

I don't know if i'm in the right place for this, but it is a questing for the space marines trait army I'd like to build, so here goes:

Can a landspeeder "hide" behind terrain? I've read the rulebook about skimmers but I am not understanding it. I seems that they are only visible if the are hovering over the terrain. But the obscurity thing makes me question. If this is something that can not be answered, i understand(dont want to violate any of the copyright stuff).

I've talked to some of the people at my local game shop, and they seem to say no but are not sure. But some of the posts i've read lead me to believe they can?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The no obscured target thing is there so that you have to rely on zipping around to downgrade hits to glancing. As long as they're not hovering above terrain, the usual line of sight rules apply.
    Black Templar (3000)
    Imperial Guard (1500 and growing)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well if they are able to "hide" then i'll field them over attack bikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it depends on how you have classified the terrain you are hiding behind. In the case of WYSYWYG terrain such as a building or rock you would be considered either obscured or fully hidden.

However, when dealing with "area of terrain". skimmers can ignore taking difficult terrain tests if they land in the "area of terrain"...in this scenario the land speeder would be considered "hovering" over the terrain and recieve no benefit of cover. If you want to take benefit of "area of terrain" cover you would need to roll a difficult terrain test to enter that cover. If you passthe test, you can move into AoT and take advantage of the cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zedsdead View Post
    it depends on how you have classified the terrain you are hiding behind. In the case of WYSYWYG terrain such as a building or rock you would be considered either obscured or fully hidden.

However, when dealing with "area of terrain". skimmers can ignore taking difficult terrain tests if they land in the "area of terrain"...in this scenario the land speeder would be considered "hovering" over the terrain and recieve no benefit of cover. If you want to take benefit of "area of terrain" cover you would need to roll a difficult terrain test to enter that cover. If you passthe test, you can move into AoT and take advantage of the cover.
    Where does it cover this in the rulebook? I like to go in and study this section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skimmer rules are in the Vehical portion of the BRB. how they deal with certain cover is addressed there.

+ Reply to Thread