Who to Induct.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Superflat Monogram Sayomi Akimoto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

Who to Induct....

I've myself a problem for my radical inquisitorial army. I don't know which would be better to induct, guardsmen or Space Marines. Which would give me the best bang for my buck? The Inquisitor's own, privately recruited guardsmen, or Space Marines he's blackmailed into forced servitude?

Currently my Inquisitorial army's got a shooty Inquisitor Lord with shooty retinue, three daemonhosts, three death cult assassins, an Eversor assassin, and three squads of Stormtroopers mounted in chimeras and a rhino. One is kitted out with flamers, which is in the rhino, the next squad is pumped up with melta, and the last squad is maxed out on plasma.

Roughly a thousand points total, which leaves another thousand for recruitment.

Last edited by Sayomi Akimoto; August 11th, 2007 at 02:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Taking IG means armoured fist squads, thats more anti-tank then what you've got, sentinels can provide you some anti-troop and a leman russ, where can you go wrong with that.

Taking space marines is just like fielding GKs except you get some access to some slightly better infantry guns, but heavy support is basically the same, and you don't the shrouding.

I'd recommend taking IG.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Two words: Leman Russ .

I think IG is the way to go, personally. Take a couple of Armoured Fist squads, which will mesh well with your mounted stormtroopers, and you've unlocked a very very nice tank. The pie plates + 3x Heavy bolter should provide plenty of dakka, and you could even snag a Sentinel Squadron for anti-tank. Plus, I think IG offers more options fluff-wise, as they can represent a whole host of things.

One other thought to give yourself a bit more kick in assault, is you can take Kroot Mercenaries. Infiltrate, big squads, high strength, and a hidden eviscerator can make for some good times =).

Good luck with whatever you choose!

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

I recently inducted some IG and it has improved my army's performance greatly! Then again, I played a Puritan GK force, so my list functioned very differently from yours.

If I were to ally with anybody else, I would get some Sisters of Battle. Faith, cheap power-armor troops, and Exorcists is always nice.

-Spaar
    Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by spaar View Post
    If I were to ally with anybody else, I would get some Sisters of Battle. Faith, cheap power-armor troops, and Exorcists is always nice.
    You acutually can't ally Exorcists unfortunatly :cry: as they are a Heavy Support choice. It would really be nice though.............:shifty:
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

What I meant was use WH as a base. Sure, you'll lose Dreads & LR, but Just having exorcists is worth it to me. Plus, both Armies have ISTs, so you don't have to buy new models there. Arguably, you could use DH Inquisitors as WH Inquisitors as well, though you might get some griping from the WYSIWYG die-hards. Then just add some Grey Knights & poof! You have a well complimented fighting force.

-Spaar
    Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

+ Reply to Thread