Librarium Online Forums banner

Anti-Inquisitors.

798 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Lord Lucias 
#1 ·
Hellow Inquisitorial scum... It is I the dreaded kossolax the foresworn. I am trying to better understand my opponents, and I would like to learn more about them for the bettering of chaos. Anyway, I am under the impression that the inquisitor can be an useful unit in your aresenal and would like to know how to better deal/defeat/ nuetralize such a unit(given all standard configurations).

Thanks.:)

#2 ·
Well, by and large it seems there are three popular configurations for inquisitors: Shooty Inquisitor with retinue, Assaulty Inquisitor with retinue, and lone shooty Inquisitor.

Assaulty with retinue is probably the easiest to deal with, really. Despite the ability to make an assaulty inquisitor, most of us around here recommend against it, due to the fact that at the end of the day, he's still got human strength and toughness, as does his whole retinue. He's slightly faster than standard marines, generally, but in most cases isn't likely to inflict enough damage for it to matter. Or, if he and his retinue take power-fist style weapons, they'll have lots of damage potential, but will strike last. The only thing to watch out for would be one with a daemonhammer -- whatever you do don't send daemons against this guy, as he'll have a lot of high initiative, double-strength power weapon attacks. Otherwise, if he's fighting non-daemon units, he's back to striking last =). With their wimpy stats, it shouldn't be hard to cut them down before they become a problem, either with superior initiative assault troops or with firepower. Assaulty squads like this tend to be very expensive, so if you see one, it's more than likely worth significant victory points. Be aware that Acolyte henchmen allow the Inquisitor to pawn wounds off on them -- one per Acolyte per turn, or up to three per turn. So, he effectively has three extra wounds if your opponent takes Acolytes.

The Shooty retinue is by far the more efficient build for inquisitors. A shooty retinue will generally include 3 heavy-weapons servitors -- mostly 3 Heavy-bolters or 2 HB and one Plasma cannon. Two to three other squad members will provide other bonuses to the inquisitor and squad such as a reroll to hit. These guys can pump out a lot of firepower, but are pretty fragile. If you can get something into assault with them, they'll crumple. Otherwise, you'll just have to gun them down, which could be problematic depending on the available cover on the board, etc.

Another popular build is just a lone inquisitor with psycannon -- way cheap with a decent amount of firepower. Since he's an independent character, he'll be impossible to target so long as there's something else closer to your troops. You're probably just going to have to live with this guy, unless you can get some zippy troops close enough that he's the closest target.

Hopefully that's somewhat helpful, but, you know, not too helpful. Wouldn't want to be declared a Radical, or anything ;).

-H

Reactions: Artice and Koss
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.