Really...How bad are Repentia?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really...How bad are Repentia??

I play a mech sisters army and I figured that the rhinos could be used as screens for the repentia since they already are used to screen my seraphim. They look sick in close combat but their weakness is getting there. If I could make sure I screen them, how bad could they be? Every post I see about them says they suck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member The vampire Lestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thier problem is low toughness with bad save, and you strike last. You can speed them up by taking the Mistress off as a casualty asap to invoke the Righteous Zeal special rule (after making use of 'Only in Death Does Duty End'). Repentia are also the only unit I add my Priest to as they have no guns to fire and can make the most use of his Fanatical rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

They don't suck, most people just find that their points are better spent elsewhere. I find repentia fun to field, the models look great, and they are crazy women with giants swords, what's not to like? I don't play with them every game. Sometimes they are great and sometimes they are a point sink. They work best when going against other high point cost things that would normally be too hard for your other sisters to take down. The mistress has a pretty high init and if you give them a priest with a power weapon they will at least have 2 models attacking on init, and they can reroll their hits, which they need. I once ran through almost an entire Black Templars army with one unit of them (and to think he laughed at them for being little girls).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Hmmmm... Cool models, poor stats, too expensive. Did not see them at a tourney yet. Fun to play though. Verdict - buy, paint, take with when bored!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

The biggest problem with them is they tend to get brutalised by almost any other CC squad. Low thoughness, bad save, 1 attack, and a high cost means that most other CC squads take them easily. Assault Marines, genestealers, witches, striking scorps, banshies, roughriders, kroot, spine gaunts, hormaguants, etc etc etc.

There is really a narrow range of targets on many battlefields you want them in combat with, and most of those can shoot them easily at range.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Repentia tend to be that one unit that is usually 50/50 with its performance. Being a really tricky unit to play, they can suffer really badly from one mistake. However, not being an Adepta Sororitas unit, they make a nice filler for Inquisition armies that sometimes lack anything interesting.

One of the better ways to play Sisters Repentia is to run them screened by Rhinos and other Battle Sisters. This way, they make it to combat while remaining unmolested by shooting.

Choosing your target with them is also important. They should focus on small tough units, such as wraithlords and Terminators. Their numbers here can really help to quickly bring down those especially tough units.

It's up to you if you want to use them. They aren't the greatest unit, and they tend to be taken for fun. I, for one, think that they fulfill a nice role in the Battle Sisters army, and stand by them.

Give them a try, see if you like them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

... bad enough that I've been mocking them in my sig for a few months now.

PS - I hate these new smiley faces.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they can be good as others have said if they hit the right target. Unlike most CC units they will not stand up well against everything. But i use them in smaller games against shooty squads and have even ripped threw a dreadnought by later got killed by some souts. So as i have said about many WH units they either work really well one game or die very very quickly the next.
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

First, shielding Repentias is the common practice. ..as if your opponent needs one more excuse to blast your Immy off the table on the first turn. The fact that the eviscerators count as power weapons helps.
    Best of all. ..some day, by Emperor, there will be a movie that features the Repentia, and if you have seen 'King Arthur' then I'm sure you'll agree that Keira Knightley (stay with me now) would be the most awesome Repentia to ever let it all hang out! At any rate, I'd love to talk to her about it. . .over dinner. . .:party2:

+ Reply to Thread