How do you beat lost and the damned with guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

How do you beat lost and the damned with guard

my friend plays lost and the damned(i know it will probably be gotten rid of soon) and no one has yet defeated his army his army is a lost and the damned army based on horde tactics

he uses 2 horde choices,

1 horde choice is extremely fast and is in combat by at least 3rd turn(usually 2nd) but this horde is weak(guard stats)

1 horde 2 is slow but nastier in combat(space marine stats)

he has 2 obliterators

1 defiler

a squad of possesed(i think)

sometimes a group of daemonettes

i cant remember the rest off the top of my head but that is basically the whole of the list

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

What does he use as his troop choices?

For chaos in general (especially lost and the damned) your balance of infantry vs. vehicle and anti-infantry vs. anti-vehicle weapons determines your chances a lot. What kind of army to you play and what weapons do you prefer. It sounds like uping your heavy bolter/autocannon count would help a lot and taking a demolisher or two would help you with the obliterators and horde.

Try a bit of templaty help.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

the 2 wierd hordes i talked about(i guess mutants with upgrades)

and daemonettes

the problem is he is in combat so early(sooo many mutants) when i play him he usually has as almost as many units as me(like orks) and his power creatures(greater daemon) tear me if i deal with the horde)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I have played a few 1000pt and 2000pt games against lost and the damned.

I usually go with a split deployment. In groups of 2 or 3. There was a great article on split deployment somewhere.

Good deployment will counter that pesky demon prince with wings, so he won't be able to hop from unit to unit. Las cannon this guy as soon as you can. If you have to throw a sacrificial squad to slow him down, then do it. I always have two deep striking vets with 4 plasmas to greet the demon prince or greater demon.

If he takes those zombies don't' worry about them. They are fearless, are allowed to grab objectives. But they are slow and purposeful. The only problem with these guys are when you are playing table quarters or grabbing terrain as the objective. I remember There was 25+ fearless zombies with marine T.

Now the mutants can be very, very, tough for a good point cost. I think they have marine T and you can do a bunch of further up grades. Heavy bolters.... I always have at least 8 per 1000 pts. When I play 2000 pts, Its more over 15. I usually save my pie plates for this group. These are the ones usually on the move. My opponent modeled guardsmen with goat heads from fantasy.

Big mutants never bothered me. There are just ogryns with some small tweaks. Save your pie plates and las cannons for big daemons and tanks unless they are way.......... too close for comfort.

As for the deamonetes, I can't help you much with this one. I know they must be summoned. So they could come in at 4rth turn or they could come in on the 2nd. If they come in early just throw a sacrificial squad. But this may not be the best advice. Maybe, someone else could help you with these nasty girls.

I know they can take tanks. There was once a defiler and a russ. Just take auto cannons and las cannons, this should be the main purpose of the AC's, if the tanks are down then use las cannons to find a wound on the prince or greater daemon.

Always a basilisk, plenty of heavy bolters, las cannons and deep striking plasma's for the big daemons. Then again I never change my 1000 pt and 2000pt list.

This is just my tidbits...they have worked for me in the past...I played about 4 games with 1 draw and 3 victories...
    Last edited by Pinoy; August 29th, 2007 at 06:26.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

I to would like to know what kind of force you use against your friend. When i face horde armies i useally take a few sucide stormtroopers squads 3 of 6 useally with a mix of weapons but each sqaud has to have the same weapons 2 flamers or grenade launchers, 4 hellguns are be really nasty against a horde and If facing marines or such 2 plasma guns pretty good with bs4 to and decent save from overheating.

Another tactic that most people use is counter attacking rough riders, I am sure sure how they will fare against big 30+ fearless mutants units but would do well against smaller units and possiably big mutants.

I think tank power is the key to beating the hordes if you can deal with his oblits and any other anti-tank units asap russes and hellhounds will have a killing spree no bother.

Cheers and good luck on beating the chaos hordes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

my list is in the armylist section 1850pts

i play with around 100 men, 3 russes, hellhound, armored fist squad, sentinel, etc

+ Reply to Thread