I need Help please reply!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need Help please reply!!

I play at a club, and the armys which the people have is daemonhunters, chaos space marines and space marines. I would be thankful if anyone could give me a few pointers or a army list which will enable me to defeat this people thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

There are plenty of ways to go about defeating SM, CSM, and GK's. WH can do it pretty well.

I'd be looking at maybe 2 Exorcists in 1000pts to pop tanks or terminators. maybe 3 in 1500.
    I'd also consider several squads of Sisters in Rhinos, with Hflamer/Flamer combo, and add a VSS, to make the squad faithful.
    Keep the rhinos hidden behind terrain, and use them with Divine Guidance to take out swaths of marines.

It's not a bad idea to run some Seraphim squads, with either Inferno pistols or twin flamer/Divine Guidance.

I love my jumpy cannoness, but if she's facing powerfists, she can be a bit fragile. I still prefer her cheap, with Jump pack, Cloak of St. Aspria, Blessed Weapon, Bolt Pistol, and maybe a Book of St. Lucius. She can go toe to toe with some of the bad IC's thatt might be out there.

I also love using DH Inq. Lord shooty retinues. They can chew stuff up, and are especially handy if your opponent DeepStrikes. you're looking at: Inq. Lord with PSycannon, Plas cannon servitor, 2 Heavy Bolter Servitors, 2 Sages, and a Mystic. Maybe throw in an acolyte or two in Carapace armor to balance out mixed armor, and soak some wounds. The sages let you re-roll even the '1' on the plas cannon and avoid being burnt. the Mystic will let you shoot for free at the Deep Strikers. Very valuable vs. FAGK.

The Inq. also allows you to get assasins. for Marine types, I like Eversor and Callidus, but vindicare can pick off the hidden powerfists, and the justicars, which can be very valuable as well.

those are some general tips for a MEQ all comer force. You may need to add in more SoB squads with Meltas for anti-tank. Even with marines, and marine variants, there's a lot of variation to be found. Play a few games, and you'll learn more of what you like to hold them at bay.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the relpy and i think they great but do you also have any ideas on 400 combat patrols please if not do not worry. thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

eep, lots of toughness 4 and 3+ armour saves against you then. Well the problem is really just the save, if you can negate that then you're quite home free. Luckily, a Witch Hunter army is relatively cost effective compared to marines.

As per mentioned, Exorcists are good but I don't think they're legal via combat patrol rules. But all is not lost, though they're quite an expenditure points wise you can go for arco-flagellants and penitant engines. In smaller points games the lighter vehicles become a heavenly choice, especially that of the Chimera though not so much the Immolator, the reason for this is because they're considerably more difficult to destory with the limited points (on average you'll probably find one or two dedicated anti-tank weapons). Anyways, a small unit of poower weapon attacks from the Acro-flaggellants (possible 21 power weapon attacks on the charge for a small squad of 3 if I remember correctly) or penitant engine will shred your typical marine squad, though that is not true when it comes to Grey Knights due to their strength 6 in combat. In which case shooting is the better way of taking care of them. Flamers count as assault weapons so should you decide to take a preist you can still happily do the typical "Divine Guidance" flamer template and still assault. Because Grey Knights as quite expensive, in combat patrol you won;t find many of them so if you manage to get off a rapid fire and "Divine Guidance" chances are it'll be quite a hurtful blow. However, small squads of storm troopers with 2 Plasmaguns and a sergeant with a Plasmapistol are very affordable and very deadly on the offensive, though admittingly not too reliable when taking damage, this is where a Rhino comes into play for protection, though a Chimera is a much more reliable expentiture in these small games given it's front armour value and array of heavy weapons.

General tip I can give you is try to be reserved with your units. They won't survive the same amount of punishment marines can take but Witch Hunters can surely produce more if not as much offensive capabilities, the trick of the game is to beable to get these to go off without getting caught yourself.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for the advice Hieromyo.

+ Reply to Thread