Chaos with 3 weapons? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos with 3 weapons?

Just read through my new CSM codex and saw that CSMs have a bolter,bolt pistol and close combat weapon. The characters can hAVE 3 as well. What happened to the rule that a model could only carry 2 weapons? I don't think I have misread all the other codices I own. Admittedly I don't have the last Chaos codex but in the games I have played against CSM in the past I am fairly sure they had 2 weapons at the most.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

since the DA codex that has been thrown out the window, peoplein 40K have re-discored the ancient STC of a pistolholster.

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, pistol holsters and whatnot

and if some people are all like screaming CHEESE then we fight fire with fire, the BA codex allows for a Commander with twin lightning claws, plasma pistol and a combi-weapon, seriously it's worded as that, meaing ubergrit can say hello to more cheese than a cheese wheel

although, they do have daemons, and daemon princes do have WS6, and noone wants to get in Close combat with that
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Yeah, it's...silly.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

It was never actually a core rule. Some codices included it to stop silly amounts of weapons being loaded on to characters which could be doable in 2nd ed.

With the banishment of wargear lists, it's no longer needed.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Aye, find me a quote saying you can only have 2 weapons.

Some rules are only assumed mate.

On a sidenote this also means veteran sergeants can now have a close combat weapon, bolt pistol, power fist and bolter (or storm bolter/combi-weapon). The latter 2 are bought from the armoury. People always ignored it assuming it was intended they could only have 2 weapons but now that chaos has the 3 weapons why not SMurf sergeants.

The rules only say they may take 2 weapons from the armoury. It doesn't say they replace existing weaponry. And don't tell me its unfluffy with these dark angels, blood angels and chaos marines running around. :ballon:
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    Aye, find me a quote saying you can only have 2 weapons.

Some rules are only assumed mate.

On a sidenote this also means veteran sergeants can now have a close combat weapon, bolt pistol, power fist and bolter (or storm bolter/combi-weapon). The latter 2 are bought from the armoury. People always ignored it assuming it was intended they could only have 2 weapons but now that chaos has the 3 weapons why not SMurf sergeants.

The rules only say they may take 2 weapons from the armoury. It doesn't say they replace existing weaponry. And don't tell me its unfluffy with these dark angels, blood angels and chaos marines running around. :ballon:
    thanks, now I'm going to get a lightning claw, thunderhammer librarian to pwn everything chaos (dreadnoughts, greater daemons, everything) and whatnot, yeah but since everyone assumed it, then I guess they will scream cheese because they think it's a rules loophole (sept the people at my Games-workshop, one employee and some kid (who I think is older than me but is shorter, and I'm shortish) who thinks that a chaplain keeps his crozuis because it's his badge of honour and must have it because of that, even though it's just fluff, not really a has to have it rule)
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Just wait until Marines Redux comes out. Then you won't be able to get a Librarian with a thunder hammer. Anywhere.

Just wait until they remove the ability to choose psychic powers. That'll be fun. Ye-ah.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

I know in the IG and WH codex they both have weapons restrictions being 2 weapons max, only one can be 2 handed. I assume in the SM 'dex and other 'dexes such a restriction was never placed, people just figured it was in place for WYSWYG purposes. (Seriously, if you gave your chaplain like plasma pistol, lightning claws and a melta-bolter, how would you EVER model all that on and make it look good? Maybe my modeling skills just suck....)

Oh and Rork, what's this about banishing wargear lists?
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Durendal View Post
    Oh and Rork, what's this about banishing wargear lists?
    If you look at the codices from Eldar onwards, the wargear a model can take is listed in its entry instead of the classic "The model may take 100pts of wargear from the wargear list" that was typical before now. Daemon weapons in the new Chaos codex, for example, are solely available to Chaos Lords.

They don't have that big central list that they can pick and mix from.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast