I just thought of this? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

I just thought of this?

Well couple of questions for people shooting at me.

First, suppose a weapon has a 60" range, he sits back at his 60", he can't see my GK on foot can he? Due to shrouding.

Second, those nice templates like the leman russ/basilisk, if they were outside our 55" they wouldn't be able to see me either would they/shoot at me?

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

Hey Champion!

The first, I believe so, as there is a maximum dice roll and multiplier available- so 60" is definately out of sight

For the Ordnance, I believe Shrouding 'misses' means it scatters, as Ordnance can't not-land (meaning ord hits the table regardless if it's on target or not). So they'd still shoot, but are less accurate.

:drinking:

*wants LO Chat to appear again*
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    First, suppose a weapon has a 60" range, he sits back at his 60", he can't see my GK on foot can he? Due to shrouding.
    supposing normal shrouding rules apply, no, they cannot hit your grey knights on foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Second, those nice templates like the leman russ/basilisk, if they were outside our 55" they wouldn't be able to see me either would they/shoot at me?
    leman russ, cannot draw line of sight due to shrouding.

basilisk with indirect fire, can hit your dudes, as long as he guesses the range he does not need line of sight.

so yah. meh. i hope this helps.

anything that doesnt need L.O.S. to your guys can shoot at them farther then the shrouding limit. at least that is how i understand it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin View Post
    anything that doesnt need L.O.S. to your guys can shoot at them farther then the shrouding limit. at least that is how i understand it.
    Really? My understanding was that there is no exemption for indirect fire weapons for the Shrouding. I'll have to double-check the Shrouding entry, but as I recall it prohibits targeting the Shrouded squad. An indirect fire weapon is still targeting the squad, it just behaves differently after targeting (no BS roll, etc). So, in my opinion, the Shrouding should work against any and all shooting attacks that require you to target a squad. The only thing that would change this is if the Shrouding mentions any exemption for indirect fire weapons, which I'll have to check on =).

Cheers,

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Provided a Guess (or other non-LOS) weapon has the range to your GKs, they can hit it. The way shrouding affects those weapons is to double the scatter result on a miss. But a direct hit will still plaster your units but good.

Anything that is more than 54" away from your GK unit (54" being the maximum result on a shrouding check) automatically fails the check. For most weapons -- for LOS weaponry -- they can't target you at all, regardless of weapon range. But for Guess weapons, the automatic shrouding failure just means it will double scatter ... but direct hits always hit direct.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Provided a Guess (or other non-LOS) weapon has the range to your GKs, they can hit it. The way shrouding affects those weapons is to double the scatter result on a miss. But a direct hit will still plaster your units but good.

Anything that is more than 54" away from your GK unit (54" being the maximum result on a shrouding check) automatically fails the check. For most weapons -- for LOS weaponry -- they can't target you at all, regardless of weapon range. But for Guess weapons, the automatic shrouding failure just means it will double scatter ... but direct hits always hit direct.
    Kids, this is why we don't post without first double-checking the rules .

Thanks for setting me straight number6!

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    Kids, this is why we don't post without first double-checking the rules .

Thanks for setting me straight number6!
    Um, you're welcome?
    It's not like I haven't been called out multiple times here myself. :rofl
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

for the Ordnace, Those that don't use a to Hit roll, like IG Leman Russ, they can still shoot at you, though they scatter like crazy. Same for Indirect Fire weapons like mortar.
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

+ Reply to Thread