'Ard Boyz is apon us! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Ard Boyz is apon us!

So this is going to be my first tournament and I'm taking my IG. I was wondering if any of you guys could fill me on what to expect when playing in a tourney. Also this is going to be my 2nd game with the 2,500 pt list.

I know for sure that a tyranids, a tau, and a necron player have signed up for the tourney ( there will probably be some marines) What are some of the dirtiest tricks you've come across and how did you handle it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by JonU View Post
    So this is going to be my first tournament and I'm taking my IG. I was wondering if any of you guys could fill me on what to expect when playing in a tourney. Also this is going to be my 2nd game with the 2,500 pt list.

I know for sure that a tyranids, a tau, and a necron player have signed up for the tourney ( there will probably be some marines) What are some of the dirtiest tricks you've come across and how did you handle it?
    Well with 2,500 pts, taking out a 'nid or ork army is going to be hard for anyone knowing that they will take advantage of their ability to have a massive force so I expect there will be a lot of large armies there and orks with large numbers is a horrible combination for any IG force because it makes you lose the power of numbers on your side. Tau I expect some players will try to be cheap and pin your men and use railguns to take them out easily. Necrons I have never faced and I hope I wont have to. Marines with be one of the most common foes at any tourney. They will be hard to beat them with IG knowing that they also can spend 2,500 pts. All I really have to say is be careful and alert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ard Boyz

I'm playing IG as well and there will be a tyranid player that I'm going to go up against. Personally I'm going template heavy. I'm using a hellhound tank simply because I know there is only going to be one marine player against me that day(everyone else is tyranid or eldar) so stock up on some flamer action. For you, since there seem to be a bunch of people with 3+ saves against you, max out on leman russ' tanks or basilisks . We aren't at this tourney to make any friends, were are there to win. People fear those things(except tau) people will not want to run out of cover very often. I guess thats my only advice for you.

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

In 2,500pts of cheese, because that's what 'Ard boyz is all about, I would go for the follwing:
    - 3 HS tanks (bassie, LR, LR Demolisher)
    - 2-3 hellhounds and/or a group of sentinels
    - ratlings and plasma armed veterans for the annoyance and wraithlord killing factor
    - loading up on infantry and support weapons.

If you go easy on doctrines and wargear, you can have around 8 tanks (6 above+ 2 chimeras) and 6 platoons+ command squads+support squads.

While it does not give you much tactical flexibility, even Tau will cower in fear when faced with that kind of firepower.
    Main drawbacks:
    speed, although you can move your tanks 12" by the end of the game to go seize objectives if necessary
    space, as you may be vulnerable to an elite assault army playing refused flank. However, against those, you can deploy your tanks and a whole volley of pie plates, that will force them to spread out.

There are plenty of other options, but based on the models I have available, that's what I'd go for.
    "Politics is the womb in which war develops"
    Clausewitz

+ Reply to Thread