Building An Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Building An Army

Seeing as I am new to both Witch Hunters, and these forums(but not warhammer) I thought I would ask around before I started building my army.

I like the idea of a mechanized army but my gaming club has a thing for cities. . . lots and lots of buildings and rubble so I dont think making my army fully mechanized is a good idea. Anyway im kinda lost on what to get, also Im not to interested with inquisitors and penitent engines and that sort of thing.

So think you people here can give me some ideas? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

These will work well for this
    -flamers, hvy flamers
    -meltas
    -Celestians
    -Immolators
    -(though based on what you said you probably don't like these) arco flagellants
    -Rhinos could be useful to block off the opponen'ts path
    *if you're interested in allies, a squad or two of grey knights may be nice*

Also, how many points are you aiming for?
    Last edited by qsd; October 7th, 2007 at 03:28.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you need to be more specific. Most witch hunter armies either take mostly sisters of battle or induct/ally a lot of units.

Sisters of battle make a great mech army IMO because of the amount of damage a simple squad of sisters in a rhino can do as long as you have the right cover. If you put flamers in a unit then you get a lot of automatic hits for using divine guidance...just drive up 12 inches unload and cause 20+ wounds and watch your 6s get rolled. Works good for me in city fights. If you do go with sisters based, having a good faith points pool is necessary (anything over 1500 points I usualy have atleast 7, but 6 can get you through a battle).

If you take an Inquisitor I think you need to take an oficio assassinorum operative is possible. They all have some really cool rules. The options you have in this codex that are not sisters of battle are somewhat of a slow lumbering force so if you induct/ally someone else you need to make sure that the two armies compliment each other esp. since sisters of battle can't be allied with some other armies.

Exorcists are awesome and some of the only good ranged fire support we get.

Also there are few options for anti-tank, esp. since Im a non believer i troops carying multimeltas...short range on a heavy weapon never made sense to use for me.
    Try Seraphim...maybe put meltaguns in a rhino...or a jumpy Canoness with an inferno pistol as her secondary objective.

Just so no one else wastes a post pointing this out...allying sisters of battle or just taking a small number of them is not necessarily bad, sisters just work best with the maximum number of faith points. They work exceptionally well with some grey knights as the two cover some of each other weaknesses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

If you enough room to squeeze a rhino through the streets the terrain is perfect for you.
    Lots of corners for you to close in to rapid-firing range.
    Flamers go straight through buildings.
    Vehicles can be parked to form impassible terrain even when reduced to wreckage.
    Cityfight is ideal for WH, especially SoB.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

+ Reply to Thread