CC Witch Hunters? Can it be done? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CC Witch Hunters? Can it be done?

Hey all, well as the title says can you field an effective Witch CC Hunter force?

I was thinking somthing along the lines of a Heroine kited out for pain, 2 squads of Sisters in Rhinos with a lot of flame power. Then max out on as many Penitent Engines and Arco Flagellants as possible. Maybe a few repentors if they can be fitted in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x4)

I say no because I believe a CC WH army will never be as effective as a rapid-firing WH army. And goodness knows it's hard enough to play WH without handicapping yourself.
    And over there we have the labyrinth guards.
    One always lies, one always tells the truth, and one stabs people who ask tricky questions.
    http://xkcd.com/246

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Its hard but possible, and its point costly. In order to make it combat effective, you'd have to take the minimum number of IST's possible, take a 18 arco-flags, 9 penitent engines a close combat inquisitor and if you had points left buy as much anti-tank weaponry as possible.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x2)

I proxied a CC WH army once. It was fun. not a terribly sucessful army, but fun. I played a guard player, who set his guys up in trenches, It was a terribly unbalanced terrain setup, not at all fair. It was totally worth it to see the look on his face when he realized I had almost NO SHOOTING, and that everything was just going to rush towards him at close to Fleet of foot. It ended up being a tie, which I felt was good, considering the uneven terrain deployment.

As Path stated, start with 2 min squads of Stormtroopers, maybe put grenade launchers or Meltas in the squads.

Get a Priest. (he can go with a ST squad, if he does I'd put Grenade Launchers on the ST's)

Get a squad of Zealots to put the priest in (low priority).

3 Squads of 6 Arco-Flagellents

3 Squadrons of 3 Penitient Engines

a jumpy cannoness, prob with an inferno pistol, as you'll be short on anti-tank.

that will use up pretty much all of your points in a 1500 match.

set up LOTS of LoS blocking cover (area level 3 is your friend), and CHARGE!

It's kind of a chaotic list to run, as most things will simply charge the nearest opponent.
    check out Farmpunk's blog:
    the Back 40k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I fielded a WH force with a lot of cc troops in a recent battle I put up in the battle reports forum. I think that a cc WH would do best not against a shooty army, but against another cc army, specifically a MEq cc army. It is notable that all the WH cc crazies (PE, Arco-flags and if you have the rules, zealots) all strike with good strength and ignore armour save attacks. Hormagaunts would drag down zealots or AF's easily with sheer volume, but a smaller number of powerful attacks either don't inflict enough casualties or bounce off their Inv saves. PE's have all the advantages of Dreads in cc i.e. often they can't be hurt and they hit very hard.

The problem with all the WH cc crazies is that they are not all that fast and they die easily to enemy fire. If you are up against a cc army and are careful with deployment and movement though you may be able to charge them into his assault troops as they move up. If you can coordinate them with the sisters you can also weaken them substantially before doing so. The enemy then finds himself in cc against some real killers while your sisters go unmolested. WH crazies are actually capable of taking on even killers like Possessed, and they shred tac type troops.

I think an all assault WH army would be rather weak as it would lack versatility. I found that the ability of the sisters to inflict casualties in the shooting phase was essential to weakening the enemy and stripping away the fire support that could have destroyed the cc troops. Seraphim were particularly good at tying down the enemy and preventing him manoeuvring or firing. The sisters killed the troops and heavy support, while the cc crazies killed the units hoping to charge my sisters.

+ Reply to Thread