New Legion of the Damned Rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

New Legion of the Damned Rules

I might have missed the thread but nobody seems excited about the new Legion of the Damned rules.

Granted they might be for Apocalypse only, but can they be adapted for friendly games.

Does anyone know if this is a sign of maybe a 21st founding codex?!?!?
    Although I guess it could be argued there are more than enough Spacemarine codex's but that is a different arguement.

For any one who hasn't noticed them yet

http://uk.games-workshop.com/apocalypse/datasheets/1/

I wonder if they will ever re-release the legion bikers

http://uk.games-workshop.com/spacema...otd-gallery/3/

Fantastic models. Anyway my hope are up after all they do have their own little part of the Web Page unlike many chapters.

Last edited by Sam51; October 11th, 2007 at 23:26.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Whoa, COOL! Good find! I've always loved these guys, and I bet it wouldn't be too hard to adapt these to a normal game of 40k...

*dances*

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I love the new legion rules but I don't think they'd be fair for standard games. I do wish they'd update the standard rules and make new models for them.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

I'd play them in a friendly game.
    Just add ~5-10pts/model, and allow them all to deepstrike, starting on turn 1 (ie, move the reserves results 'back' a turn), as well as the extra stuff they've got listed.

As far as the models go, just grab a load of the shoulder pads and back-packs, and job's a good 'un.

As far as a 'Codex: 21st/Cursed Founding', I suspect you're out of luck.
    I mean, everything is generally heading towards 'uniform' lists, so I suspect that whenever Marines get re-done we will probably loose traits, let alone the variant lists (check out what happened to all those guys who had 1st founding armies using the index astares rules...).

Besides, I like my Black Dragons much more now I can have a bit of everything compared to back when I wasn't allowed (for eg.) scouts...

If you're wanting to do these for fun, just write up a fair-ish set of rules (based on the GW ones) and make sure you ask and show your enemy beforehand.
    Most people are good for a try =)

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

I must admit, the new LoD are pretty sweet! Super-deepstrike Marines with feel no pain... and they can have Terminators! Yummy.

Plus the fact that you can take a veritable Legion (ALERT! BAD PUN DETECTED! OFFICIO ASSASSINORIUM AGENT REQUESTED) of them while still only paying 100 pts total to give em all a lovely set of special rules. That's gonna be next to nothing per model.

Time to buy a regiment of skeleton warriors to cannibalise, methinks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x1)

Hmm yes i noticed this on warseer (shhh i know ;Y). But alas, I have no idea about how these data sheets work. I am very interested in this, because i have a 2500 point LOTD army with all original metal miniatures! I have a couple questions i would really like to ask...

1. Can i still use my bikers, landspeeders, assault marines, veterans, etc with this data sheet, or is it restricted to those choices.
    2. Can someone confirm this is only for apocalypse... i assume so, but confirmation would be good.

Cheers!
    "In dedicato imperatum ultra articulo mortis"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Can someone confirm this is only for apocalypse... i assume so, but confirmation would be good.
    n Apocalypse battle, all manner of devastating war machines, gigantic monstrosities and unique formations come into their own. These datasheets accompany those in the Apocalypse book and detail some of the new troop types, creatures and vehicles you can field.

As we come up with battle formations, new models and legendary units, these pages will expand to include these – so when organising an Apocalypse battle, be sure to check back here and see what's new.

This is on the linked page.

Can i still use my bikers, landspeeders, assault marines, veterans, etc with this data sheet, or is it restricted to those choices.
    In appocalypse I beleive (correct me if im wrong) you can use anything with rules.

I think the rules would be cool to use as allies for you normal army in a standard game, although I suspect you would need to add 5-10 points per model.

I mean, everything is generally heading towards 'uniform' lists, so I suspect that whenever Marines get re-done we will probably loose traits, let alone the variant lists (check out what happened to all those guys who had 1st founding armies using the index astares rules...).
    I do agree that Games Workshop seem to be simplifying the game so I guess your probably correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

Legion... :cry:

I love my Legion and I will play them without searching tones of tomes of GW books? Wonderful! 8Y

Now just re-release the Centurion model and we are ready to go...

Oh and on the bikers... why just take the normal bikes and with some minor changes and the correct painting you have Legion bikers! :happy:
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

76 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam51 View Post
    n Apocalypse battle, all manner of devastating war machines, gigantic monstrosities and unique formations come into their own. These datasheets accompany those in the Apocalypse book and detail some of the new troop types, creatures and vehicles you can field.

As we come up with battle formations, new models and legendary units, these pages will expand to include these – so when organising an Apocalypse battle, be sure to check back here and see what's new.

This is on the linked page.

In appocalypse I beleive (correct me if im wrong) you can use anything with rules.

I think the rules would be cool to use as allies for you normal army in a standard game, although I suspect you would need to add 5-10 points per model.

I do agree that Games Workshop seem to be simplifying the game so I guess your probably correct
    Thanks mate, found that helpful.
    "In dedicato imperatum ultra articulo mortis"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

76 (x2)

This kind of stuff bodes well for a lot of the 'lost stuff.'

I can see an apocalypse sheet for Imperial Fist / Iron Warrior Siege/Besiege teams as well.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast