orbital strike over GKs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

orbital strike over GKs

When placing my own orbital strike template over my own GK (when they happen to be in the same piece of terain - not because i want to wack my own guys) does the extra dice rule for scatter still apply if the target is another enemy unit( in the same piece of cover but really close by to my guys so that the template covers some of my guys too)
    not that this happens too often but when going after a central objective or something it can.

note they are not the target but also fall partially under the template.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey nut View Post
    When placing my own orbital strike template over my own GK (when they happen to be in the same piece of terain - not because i want to wack my own guys) does the extra dice rule for scatter still apply if the target is another enemy unit( in the same piece of cover but really close by to my guys so that the template covers some of my guys too)
    not that this happens too often but when going after a central objective or something it can.

note they are not the target but also fall partially under the template.
    What extra scatter are you talking about? The OS never targets units. The rules are pretty clear, you just place it in the piece of terrain you've selected as its origin/target point, then roll the scatter dice and move the template accordingly. If you're thinking about the shrouding, it has no effect because at no time are models on the table being targeted.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

And to clarify further:

Orbital Strikes NEVER CHANGE.

You place the target within your terrain piece and scatter from there in the EXACT SAME WAY EVERY TIME, ALL THE TIME, REGARDLESS OF WHAT/WHOEVER MIGHT BE IN OR NEAR THE AREA AT THE TIME.

It's basically an orbiting Battleship that's been ordered to blast away at the same rock/forest/building until the fight's done. Once it starts shooting, those shells are gonna go where they go, hit what they hit, kill what they kill... And there's absolutely nothing that anyone or anything can do about it.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

+ Reply to Thread