Witch Hunters Apoc Data Sheets - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Witch Hunters Apoc Data Sheets

So, while the Inquisition in general got hosed for Apocalypse Data Sheets of their own (with GW basically saying "Here, use IG and SM Data Sheets and be happy we mentioned you in the damn book at all"), I thought it would be fun to make up our own Data Sheets.

So, the basic idea is that we as a community come up with fair, balanced, interesting Data Sheets that show off the Inquisition (and Witch Hunters/Sisters of Battle in particular) at an Apocalypse scale. To start things off I've made a Commandery level Sisters of Battle Data Sheet.

Sisters of Battle Commandery 150+models

Formation:
    1 Canoness
    1 Celestian Retinue
    120 Battle Sisters (divided into Battle Sister Squads as normal)
    2 ten-woman Seraphim Squads
    1 ten-woman Dominion Squad
    0-1 twenty-woman Repentia Squad
    2 ten-woman Retributor Squads

SPECIAL RULES

For the God-Emperor!: In addition to normal strategic assets, the player gains the following special rule and two strategic assets:

Hold at All Costs
    Orbital Bombardment

Faithful Unto Death: All squads of this formation count as having the Simulacrum Imperialis for free.

P.S. Theres just one rule about this thread, anything you put up here will be fully open to criticism, if you can't handle that, don't bother posting please.

Most important rule when facing any army with the Imperials is that you have to play like you have nothing to lose. Go big, or go home. Play like you have a pair. You cannot fight the enemy with subtlety or else you will get demolished.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I think universal free imagifers is a bit excessive. That's nearly 400 pts worth of free wargear if you take minimum size squads. I'd settle for a couple of extra faith points and the strategic assets. A commandery is a company sized formation so say +2 extra faith points.

I also think the formation is a bit on the large side. About 10 or 11 units is the limit for Apoc formations so far. With that in mind I'd cut it down to the following:

1 Canoness and celestian retinue

6 battle sister squads

2 dominion or seraphim squads

2 retributor squads

This matches it up in size and composition to the space marine battle company.

In addition to these there are plenty of others you could do. Looking at the Imperium section of the datasheets in the Apoc book there is an Adeptus Ministorum Delegation of lots of preachers, PE's and arco-flags. From this you could have a formation of say:

2+ Priests
    3+ PE's
    6+ arco-flags

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's two I made a while ago. Ones quite sane and the other ones totally barmy:

Orbital Barrage "Hereticus Abomini"

A single Inquisitor or Inquisitor Lord can condemn a world to a slow and fiery death with just action, and bring about the deaths of millions of unbelievers and heretics. He can command the entire force of the Imperium and brings its full power to those who are deemed Heretical. His power covers not only planets and galaxies but the very starts themselves. He has the right to command the vessels of the Imperium, to bring aerial death to those who must die. Upon the battlefield, he can order smaller, more focussed strikes, from these battleships, which can tear apart the strongest fortress or shatter the hearts of the largest rebellion.

Requirements: 5+ Lance strikes, 1 inquisitor Lord or Inquisitor.
    Cost: Base points+ 50 points
    Benefit: The Lance strikes are spilt into groups of 5 (so 15 Lance strikes would make 3 groups.) Each group uses the cluster template, and is at Strength 10 AP1. For every friendly Inquisitor Lord and Inquisitor in Line of Sight, the Orbital Bombardment's scatter dice or distance dice may be rerolled.

Sisters of battle: "War of faith":

Upon the Bombastic condemnation of a planet, the Sisters of battle are the first to the fight, and most eager to cleanse the planet of those who have been deemed unworthy of The Emperor's benevolence. Often accompanying a War of faith is a priestly delegation from the Eccelsiarchy, to ensure that all the Heretics are killed. Bringing relics of great power, they grant their enormous power to the most Veteran member of the Adepta Sororitas. Officially titled the "Canoness Relequim", they are the divine figure head of the crusade, bring righteous and holy destruction to those that oppose the one true Emperor. None can stand in the way of the Sisters of Battle and their Holy zeal, made even more furious by the holy relics gifted to them.

Requirements: 1 priestly delegation (5 priests at 25 points each, with up to 50 points of wargear), 1 canoness and 1 designated "Canoness Relequim"
    Cost: Cost of Priestly delegation, and an additional points cost of the "Canoness Relequim"
    Benefit:The "Canoness Relequim" is 195 points total points(including the additional 150), but cannot buy any equipment, but is counted as having a 2+ armour and Invulnerable save, a blessed weapon that adds +3 strength, +1WS and +1 I, a jump pack and the Litanies of Faith. The relic grants all units with the Adepta Sororitas rule within 12in the Counter attack and Fearless USR, in addition to +1 to hit. She also Gains the "Holy rage" special rule. However, no unit may ever use the "Canoness Relequim's" Leadership value for any test, and she cannot join any unit, nor benefit from any stats changes they give, such as the Seraphim' "Angelic Visage" special rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

I made up one of my own, and it seem to be pretty balanced. Played with the church in 5 games it isn't too game-breaking. I still need to finish construction on it when my bitz come in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordo Hereticus Strike Force 75pts + models

Formation:
    Up to 5 of the following:
    1 Canoness with Celestian Retinue or Inquisitor Lord
    2+ Celestian Squads
    Seraphim Squads

SPECIAL RULES

Orbital Assault: This formations represents a precision strike from an inquisition cruiser. As such, all squads in the formation must purchase a drop pod transport using the following rules and points costs [cut and paste from Codex: Space Marines]. Yes, this means Seraphim in this formation can and must be transported in a Drop Pod. Each Seraphim model uses up the space of two models (i.e. only units of 5 may be selected).

Strike Force: The Ordo Hereticus Strike Force is focused on a single critical battle field mission and thus must be deployed to provide mutual support. The unit is deployed using the usual rules for drop pods and strategic reserves. However, if one member of the unit in the formation is deployed on a given turn, then all units must be deployed. On the turn the Strike Force arrives, first fully deploy the Canoness or Inquisitor Lord unit. All other units in the formation must be placed within 18" of the Canoness or Inquisitor before rolling for scatter.

"We're on a mission from God": The critical nature of the Strike Force's mission emboldens their already devoted spirit. All units in the formation benefit from the Hold at All Costs strategic resource.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by frozencore View Post
    I made up one of my own, and it seem to be pretty balanced. Played with the church in 5 games it isn't too game-breaking. I still need to finish construction on it when my bitz come in.

Only twenty models?

I'm fairly certain something that...immense...can carry a larger complement. I'd say 30 models, 40 at the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Yeah, only 20. Only 1 unit can exit at a time so having more than 20 or so is just a waste. Also, one can figure that a bunch of non-militant sisters are praying inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Wow Frozen, that superheavy is really nice. Perhaps one of the most balanced home made super heavies ive seen.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

255 (x6)

Thanks. Most everyone in my local shop thinks it is fairly balanced too. It runs just as many points as a warhound titan, but it has significantly less killing power, so no one really complains. People always ask me how the construction on it is going, I have become known as the "church guy." It really looks impressive, it dwarfs all the models on the board. 12 inches long by 8 inches wide, by 12 inches tall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow big model, im currently working on an eldar super heavy, dubbed the neon matis super heavy grav tank

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast