Considering Death Korps of Krieg - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering Death Korps of Krieg

I am interested in starting a Death Korps of Kreig army. Even though I have already ordered the Chaos Codex (It was out of stock at my store by the time I could get there.), I want to look into the Korps in case Thousand Sons fall through. You do have to love those FW models.

Personally, I love the tough nature of the Korps. They don't shy away from the call of duty (as much as other guard, which have pretty bad Ld for 40k standards). Their ability to hold up in close combat is significantly better than regular guard with Hardened Fighters. I wouldn't expect them to win much, but they can hold units longer than regular guardsmen.

However, beyond the basic fluff and their traihts, I don't really know how to create an army from them. Any advice you guys could give me in shaping up a possible list would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Born from Tears of Angels WraithGuardian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Fluff:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ighlight=krieg (Krieg Psycology)

Basic Background:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ighlight=krieg (The Death Korps of Krieg)

You can get the rules in IA-5 if I am not mistaken, they remain the newest addition to FW resin products. Just make sure you really think this over, its going to be very expensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I do plan to think it over heavily. First I will look at fluff and strategy to see if the army fits with my stile. Then I'm going to proxy battle to see if I can get a tangible feel for them. Then if that works, commence with the buying. At the very least, I'm not expecting to be complete with this army, models and all, for the next few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi.

I collect a Death Korps army. It is indeed very costly, but some of the models completely blow my mind. Up close, the Death Riders and the Command HQ are just insane. And the new Quartermaster looks beautiful - i'll be ordering one of those.

So, models aside, I think fluff wise they are amazing. Gritty, dogged fighters, and that whole German soldier feel gives them an edge I think. I love the Death Korps!

If you're collecting over a few years, thus spreading that expense out, I couldn't recommend more highly the DKoK. Once I have them all painted, they'll look like a simply magnificent army.

If you haven't got IA5, see if you can have a look at it in your local store. it'll seal the deal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm assuming IA5 is Imperial Armor 5. Why does this make the Krieg so good? Are there special rules for them in there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, IA5 is Imperial Armour 5.

It does give details on more troops for Krieg, rules for the Forgeworld range of models (centaur, Gorgon, etc), but it's more the flavour it gives you for the Death Korps which makes it so good. The campaign story, the imagery, it's all there.

There are some fantastic looking guard types out there (I'm a big fan of Valhallans/Vostroyans), but I'm so glad I chose the Krieg. If you're taking your time and building the army up, it will be totally rewarding. They'll look great, and play great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the models, especially the new quartermaster.
    What do you call a lasgun with a laser sight?

Twin-Linked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, that and the Comissar. That model looks like general what's-his-name from hellboy. You know, the nazi guy who had removed almost all of his body and was all clockwork and sand on the inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Sorry - it's a late reply to this thread but I just saw the new Quartermaster and thought about collecting death Korps just for him - however, I don't know what he does!!! What are the benefits of the Quartermaster for the Death Korp army? Is it the equivilent to having say a Librarian in a SM army?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://godisimaginary.com/index.htm
    Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem!
    ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Fluff

I do think Krieg is all about the fluff. This is definitely an army where you want to make sure you know what you want before you start buying models. I suggest you get out and buy IA5 and virtually memorise the list before you start on collecting an army. It would probably be a good idea to pick up some models to test a paint scheme and theme on too though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast