Are Allies Legal? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are Allies Legal?

Greetings Everyone!

Only started playing 40k afew months ago and play Ultramarines, really like the look and fluff that goes with the Gray Knights so added a unit of Gray nights to the force last night as a fast attack unit, BUT when i came to play my friend in a 1,500 pt game with them in he said its not legal as no one is allowed allies NOW! (he goes to a 40k game club once a week, but to far for me). nothing i can see in the space marine codex says i cant and the Gray night codex say's i can?? can anyone put me on the right track please?
    thanks for any help or advice on the matter ;Y

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

You may use Grey Knights with your space marines, because they are being allied in.

See here for in depth detail:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=71909 (Member Created FAQ - Deamonhunters)
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is this "40k-Club". Maybe these are just Houserules which of course do not belong to you. (if you don't like them)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fluff wise you wouldn't see allies in the SM codex concerning Grey Knights for SMs for the most part don't know of the GK chapter's existance. note also that allies are normally a DH's last choice for there main concern is destroying deamons. when SM's come into contact with Deamon's DH often if not always kill those SM's afterwords. a DH army with GK can't use SM for the same reasons, SM's can't learn of GK's and the SM's would be killed after the battle.IF a DH unit joins a SM army then it is see as either the battle is a needed win for the cause of the DH or DH are low on man power and force the army to comply by word of the emporer.
    "Advance, or it will not be daemonic blood that stains my hammer this day."
    Inquisitor Lord Hephaestos Grudd, addressing Colonel Molain of the 223rd Gudrunite Rifles.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Yes you can use Grey Knights as allies in your SM army as per page21 in the Daemon Hunters Codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy123456789 View Post
    when SM's come into contact with Deamon's DH often if not always kill those SM's afterwords.
    Thats not always the case, otherwise the space wolves would more than despise the inquisition. (Logan Grimnar and several companies of space wolves fought alongside two hundred grey knight terminators to defeat daemon-primarch Angron during the first war for Armaggeddon after all.)

Space marine chapters who come into contact with daemons are usually monitored by the inquisition to make sure that they have not been tainted.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

This is more in line with "old fluff" whereupon prettymuch everyone who knew about Daemons, the Inquisition, Chaos Space Marines, The Horus Heresy and a million other topics were purged.

As silly as it sounds, the Imperium is not quite as harsh as it used to be. The simple fact of the matter is that the people who know about such things are normally the ones who need to, while the average Imperial Ctitizen remains blissfully (well maybe that's not the right word) ignorant.

Those with knowledge of such things are obviously monitored by the Inquisition... but then... so is everyone. Including YOU! Muahahaha.

But to cut a long story short, yes you can include Grey Knights as allies, though not the Fast Attack options if memory serves. Read your Daemonhunters Codex and the information alluded to above for more details.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by chrispcarter View Post
    But to cut a long story short, yes you can include Grey Knights as allies, though not the Fast Attack options if memory serves. Read your Daemonhunters Codex and the information alluded to above for more details.
    You are indeed allowed to take a certain number as Fast Attack. But like chrispcarter said, check the DH 'dex for the details =).

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings all !
    Thnaks for the help folks. Have taken on board all the advice and will be better prepared next time my friend says i have a non legal force. ;Y (now were did i put that baseball bat )

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    You are indeed allowed to take a certain number as Fast Attack. But like chrispcarter said, check the DH 'dex for the details =).

-H
    D'oh yeah, it was Heavy Support I was thinking of!

+ Reply to Thread