Allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Allies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading through my codex just recently and it occured to me that daemonhunters can be allied with a Sisters of Battle army but it never said anywhere that we can have them as allies to us so i was just wonderin if we were allowed to use them as allies as it would only seem fair for them to risk their lives for us just as we, the grey knights, risk ours for theirs.

'No evil will escape the just punishment of rightenous'

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Nope, only can take the listed allies in the book. If you want both, your parent army has to be SoB/WH for now. That might change in the future, but until a new edition or FAQ is released...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No unfortunately with deamonhunters they themselves always have to act as the aliies.

I think the idea is that SM or SoB may specialy request an elite unit of the ordo malleus. But the ordo wouldn't request even marines to shore up their numbers as even they can't be trusted enough.

It is a bit silly but hey thats how it goes.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;
    &quot;Errr do you mean run away?&quot;
    &quot;Thats the one&quot;</span>

&quot;Oh man, look at that.&quot;
    &quot;Where?&quot;
    &quot;Over there, by that river of boiling souls.&quot;
    &quot;Well I&#39;ll be damned... it&#39;s a Starbucks.&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>
    <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/gaeisia/index.htm' target='_blank'>GAESIA</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve got both of the codices, and it clearly indicates that not only can SoB take GK as allies, GK can take SoB as allies.

Everything except Heavy Support, which is frankly, why i wanted them, but there are some rather cool units to choose from.
    NOBODY expects the Holy Inquisition&#33;
    Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise....
    Our two weapons are fear and surprise... and ruthless efficiency....
    Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...
    and an almost fanatical devotion to the Emperor....
    Our four... no...
    Amongst our weapons... Amongst our weaponry...
    are such elements as fear, surprise...

I&#39;ll come in again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by InquisitorLordMalik@Mar 21 2004, 06:22
    I&#39;ve got both of the codices, and it clearly indicates that not only can SoB take GK as allies, GK can take SoB as allies.
    what do you meen? do you have an advance copy of the Witch hunters codex? Sisters cannot be taken as allies with any one, for the next few weeks. When the witch hunters codex comes out, then, not only will they actually have a codex, but they will be able to ally with any other imperial army, grey knights included.

Macharius is right. Sisters being deployed as the primary army, with a couple squads of grey knights is old news. It list sisters as one of the 3 armies that can do this on pg 21. Besides, there are only atleast 2 other threads in the Deamon hunters forum alone that go over this. Then there are the ones in the sisters forum too. Can we stop these from cropping up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww damn. Well that sucks. I wanted to get SoB for some heavy fire support but i guess that idea goes out the window. Meh ***** happens. Thanks for the advice though.
    &#39;No evil will escape the just punishment of rightenous&#39;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This section brings back memories of the old codex imperialis and SOB has the better heavy options in my opinion so use atleast one-two sister troops and the heavy with a lord from either fo them.

Inquisitor Lord with GK retinue or (Inq. Lord with peons),
    2 Storm troop. squad in Chimeras,
    2 SOB in Rhino, (these help in a mission based game)
    2x preachers with sob squads,
    Callidus ass., Grey Knights,
    2x Death Cult Ass., Seriphins,
    2x Exorcist,
    Orbital strike or (Imulator).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Alex, I&#39;m not even going to start to point out the problems with what you just said. Aside from the preface not making any sense, the list is illegal. learn to speak in sentences, and read the rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

frosty842, if you wan&#39;t to take sisters of battle for heavy support then just wait another few weeks. The sisters of battle will be in the Witch hunters codex that gets released in the first week of april. In there, they will have detailed rules for sisters to ally with imperial armies just like the Deamon hunters special rules. In addition to these, there are new special rules specifically for sisters allying with daemon hunters. If you wan&#39;t to take a squad or 2 of sisters, just wait, it will come.

also... take sisters as heavy support? I don&#39;t think you have been reading any of the sisters of battle forum threads then. There are 2 models in the entire army that can shoot more than 24". Those are the heavy bolter and the exrosist. If you wan&#39;t heavy support, induct a Lamun Russ, Devastators, a Dreadnought, or better yet you could induct a Predator. The only thing that you could possibly want are heavy flamers, but you already have grey knights with Incinerators who will deny invulnerable saves. I love the sisters, but frankly I am very confused by your yearning for a sisters of battle heavy support option. If it was a fluffy reason then it would be ok. Those nuns with guns are pretty damn cool. The Immolator Tank is also very cool, but I don&#39;t know what its rules are going to be in the witch hunters code. It has a habbit of changing its rules entirely with every army list gw writes for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Megalo or jiggalo I have read the new witchunters codex and based my army off of it and was up for 36 hours when I wrote that so if you have nothing else to do with your life than try to make someone else look bad then quit, Thanks. The heavy support I was talking about playing with are the Exorcist tanks with a possible of 6 krack missles of st 8/ ap 1 and you can take several. But anyway that was all I was saying about allies and being able to usethe heavy support of SOB. I think dreadnaughts are overated and not worth it. So I thought SOB does have the better heavy support for the points and playablility.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast