techmarines and jump packs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

techmarines and jump packs

simply put, can servo-harnessed techpriests take jump packs?

furthermore, can they switch out their arty armor that comes with the harness for termy armor so as to have a bodyguard if an HQ choice?

VASSAL record:
    too many, gave up counting. rough estimates of 10% even steven, 25% omg i lostorz! and 65% PWNED NEWBS! ^^

<Tossy> Crons are freaking invincible!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes and no.
    If your using the normal dex, then both are semi-legal. This is because on the old GW forums they asked the dev team who said no, but it was a Q&A session and not an official thing. The in the marine dex FAQ it wasn't addressed.

In the Black templars dex, they can't take termi armour and a full harness, I can't remeber if they were alowed jump packs or bikes with a full harnsess.

In the DA and BA dexs its not mentioned, but I presume you can't take termi-armour, a jump pack or a bike with a full servo. Or for that matter with a single servo arm.
    "Please pick my head up before you go go..."

"It'll be another skill for the futur. On your job aplication you can put how you can type from a plan over head view! And the emplyer guys 'll be like "God he's hired""

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

In DA and BA dexes they can't have anything - only the the servo
    "One must do violence to the object of one's desire; when it surrenders, the pleasure is greater."

Marquis De Sade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure you can. there is absolutley nothing in the space marine codex that says no and there is no official faq question about it so i say go nuts.
    This august hellfire air show more info hellfiregamingclub.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't find the old FAQ, they deleted it with my old home on GW...

Anyway, I've made the termi tech, I did it ages ago so it may need a bit of a remake. Basicaly file down the servo and the termi's back so they fit together. Greenstuff some wires/random junk around it so you have a neat fit and no huge holes.

I've also recently made the biker convo, its hard. You have to greenstuff up the normal biker legs and then sculpt the funny pattern on it, otherwise you have a techie with legs that are stick thin and a torso thats too big.

As for the DA - yeah it is a let down not being able to have ANYTHING WHAT SO EVER, but still, I have a cunning plan to get round that. You see, you use the templar or normal marines dex instead of the noob-ified no armoury DA dex......

I'll try the jump pack convo, it might be fun, I've got a spare one somewhere - can anyone send me a pick of that raven guard dude's jump pack, I think I've got it - its got loads of frilly bits and some 3 barreled thing on top.
    "Please pick my head up before you go go..."

"It'll be another skill for the futur. On your job aplication you can put how you can type from a plan over head view! And the emplyer guys 'll be like "God he's hired""

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

I agree, it says you can take equipment from the armoury with it and the jump pack is just that. I also think I'll be making one of these now that Apocalypse is around, a Jump Pack Techmarine with Servo-Harness will be a lovely way to lead an Assault Squad, or a nice addition to one with a Chaplain in!

Bike I would say ditto to. Terminator Armour... the same I suppose, Chaplain gets to keep his Crozius, so why shouldn't a Techmarine keep his Servo-Harness? It would be a bit of a waste of points though considering his SH has a 2+ save with it anyway...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all really boils down to this...

The rules lawyers would say that there is nothing stating that a Tech Marine with a servo harness cannot take said items of wargear... nuff said... it's legal, right?

The common sense crowd would say that a Tech marine would just simply weight to much to use a jump pack, or ride a bike, or whatever... is it then truly illegal?

I would never discourage anyone from being adventurous with their modeling... making crazy conversions is one of the best aspects of this hobby...

You really never know when someone will have a problem with your idea or when GW will change the rules and take scores of your models off the table...

in the end... if the rules don't condemn it, don't sweat it!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DIY BA SC - Blood Hawks - 1250pts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by scifizombie View Post
    It all really boils down to this...

The rules lawyers would say that there is nothing stating that a Tech Marine with a servo harness cannot take said items of wargear... nuff said... it's legal, right?

The common sense crowd would say that a Tech marine would just simply weight to much to use a jump pack, or ride a bike, or whatever... is it then truly illegal?

I would never discourage anyone from being adventurous with their modeling... making crazy conversions is one of the best aspects of this hobby...

You really never know when someone will have a problem with your idea or when GW will change the rules and take scores of your models off the table...

in the end... if the rules don't condemn it, don't sweat it!
    I would love to see some of the great conversions you could make for a Techmarine jump pack, what the scions of Mars would create to get that much weight into the air.

Tekore

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Hmm... my ideas fountain is gushing!

To be fair like a jump pack can already lift a Power Armoured Space Marine into the air, so surely they can't require that much more oomph to lift a few more metal arms, and the Servo-Harness' power plant would probably help as well!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, if you look at it, you cannot take a servo-harness with Terminator armor.

The servo-harness incorperates artificer armor - by that very definition means they cannot be seperated.

Since Artificer armor does not have the small "T" next to it in the wargear charts, it may not be combined with Terminator armor.

Now the jump pack with harness can still be "fudged".

However, sooner or later Space Marines will receive a new Codex and the Techmarine will 99% chance be just like the Da and BA versions. SO if you don't want your minis to become obsolete, I'd adhere to the standards set in these later rules.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast