Deepstriking Seriphim - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deepstriking Seriphim

What are the chances they'll give Seriphim the opportunity to "Deepstrike"?

The reason they should is that every other jumpack unit is getting that option when updated, so why should Sisters be any different?

Well, I suppose Sisters are the only jumpack unit with "Hit and Run" (unmodified) so maybe it evens out...still, I'd like a choice between the two. That way depending on what I'm facing I could choose to sacrifice "Deepstrike" for some extra Close Combat help or I could sacrifice "Hit and Run" so they could (hopefully) land where they want to.

Your thoughts?

"When Space Wolves call upon Russ or the Emperor in battle, it is to witness the deeds of Men and to judge The Fallen."
    - Meditations upon the Fang

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

D/striking Seraphim imo would make them less effective. They'd be relying on their short range to keep the enemy at bay, while they are meant for dodging behind terrain, and shooting it up.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its possible and would gladly welcome DSing Seraphim. It adds an element of suprise to what is a very predictable army. It is risky but dropping into short range in the enemy's rear area with out having to waste a turn or two using cover would be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I smell inferno pistols behind tanks on turn 2...oo, the explody goodness, but how many more points would they cost and would it be worth it? I think so, because you wouldn't have to cautiosly work your way upfield to get your inferno pistols into 3" range, also deepstiking a unit with hand flamers would be more surprising to your opponent as well as giving you better position. I would probably deepstrike this unit behind cover but in a position to harass your enemies plans more often then just to pop down and shoot I think.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

One of the problems I find with trying to deep strike them is, if you miss your intended target a bit too much you might just end up destroying yourself, and 150+ points destroyed because you d/striked badly... ouch!
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    One of the problems I find with trying to deep strike them is, if you miss your intended target a bit too much you might just end up destroying yourself, and 150+ points destroyed because you d/striked badly... ouch!

That is valid for all DS units though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pathofskulls View Post
    Isn't that the problem with all Deepstriking units?
    "When Space Wolves call upon Russ or the Emperor in battle, it is to witness the deeds of Men and to judge The Fallen."
    - Meditations upon the Fang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I don't think DS works for Seraphim.
    Hit-n-Run is much more surgical, and Seraphim are a glass scalpel.

As to legality, I personally believe that if GW were to FAQ that issue, they'd permit it.
    I believe this, because the way a jump pack works is pretty generic.
    But I wouldn't try to use this viewpoint.

So even if they gave it to us, I'd still not use it.
    Sisters Repentia: Wow what beautiful models! Wow what terrible rules! -stjohn70

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh...stupid double post. read below.
    Last edited by BarnyCarhamich; November 4th, 2007 at 06:38.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeeeah, I think it would be particularly ineffective for Seraphim due to the short range of their weaponry...inferno pistols behind tanks?! do YOU want to deepstrike what is, IMO, the best WH unit within 6" (let alone 3"!!)of enemy models and pray for no scatter? At least with terminators you can drop 'em somewhere relatively safe and still have something sweet like psycannons or assault cannons to offer, but even then, Deepstrike, IMO, is risky and often not that rewarding, and that's for footsloggers. For fast models, much less advantage is conveyed, and for much less likelihood of added punch!!

I'm with Red Zin; They should probably offer it, just to be fair, but...I don't think I would ever use it.

+ Reply to Thread