A Feral Human Army Using Scouts? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

A Feral Human Army Using Scouts?

A few years ago when I first began the hobby I created a lost and damned army which included a few feral guard traitors.

A few years on and with much better modelling and painting skills I’m thinking of creating a whole feral army of these guys. The Ork codex would be perfect but the fact of using converted feral humans as Orks would have to be completed accepted by my opponents.

In fact the only army that would suit them ‘legally’ is a full scout army with converted land speeders as sand buggies, ork bikes instead of marine bikes and these converted miniatures as scouts.

What are your thoughts on the idea of using a heavy scout army or perhaps even an Ork army list?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

I don't think you need your opponent's permission at all. You can build and paint your Games-workshop/citadel models the way you want, paint them the way you want, and build a legal list using "a" legal codex, and you can play them, IMHO. It is confusing when an ork player fields a "looted" land-raider and plays it as an ork truk, or if you say something like, "All these genestealers are power armored marines and all these gaunt are scouts. The carnifex is a dreadnought..." etc. but I think it is all legal using the "counts as" rule.

Am I wrong in this?
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

qsd
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEmperor! View Post
    I don't think you need your opponent's permission at all. You can build and paint your Games-workshop/citadel models the way you want, paint them the way you want, and build a legal list using "a" legal codex, and you can play them, IMHO. It is confusing when an ork player fields a "looted" land-raider and plays it as an ork truk, or if you say something like, "All these genestealers are power armored marines and all these gaunt are scouts. The carnifex is a dreadnought..." etc. but I think it is all legal using the "counts as" rule.

Am I wrong in this?
    In tournaments I think you'd have to ask for special permission.
    In friendly games though, it would work well as long as you make the opponent aware of which is which. I'm sure that people would agree to play against something like Inquisitor Proiteus's armies, but I think that most would probably say no to something like the tyrand-marines.

I think that either one would work. IMO, orks may represent them better because of their lower skills than SM scouts, and that ork vehicle rules better represent stolen/improvised stuff than well-maintained and equipped SM tanks.
    There is no such thing as a plea for innocence in my court. A plea for innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
    - Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if all of your units come from the same codex in terms of rules then you don't need permission, although you will need to clear up what counts as what. You will also need to be consistent. two models that look the same cant count as 2 different things, 2 models that look wildly different cant count as the same thing, etc.

In tournaments you will need permission, which is usually based on how easy it is to determine at a glance what your units are. In other words, if you show someone your weird and original army, they should be able to identify every unit by themselves if you only tell them what codex you're using.
    fear the smurfs

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, it is your army, so do whatever you want, cause counts as rules, generally rule.

but make sure that different unit types have different colours if they look the same e.g. my totally original Ratmen "counts as" tyranids has little ratmen with guns and ones without guns

I paint the ones with guns blue (blue robes!) and tell my opponent "these are termagaunts" and the ones with multiple stabby weapons are red and tell them "they're genestealers, and are going to destroy you"

just remember if you make snipers, use things like sniper rifles

wait, if it's all scouts, how are you going to use an HQ? well I guess you could just use a commander with stormbolter for leadership and attach him to a sniper squad...
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

+ Reply to Thread