GK w/ eldar allies? (apocalypse) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GK w/ eldar allies? (apocalypse)

I was wondering, is it possible to have GK w/ eldar allies in apocalypse? I have a small grey knights force and a rather large eldar force, but i was wondering if i could use them together, since that is the only way i could use them in apocalypse. neither of them are 3000 pts, but together they are about 3500 pts. my eldar force consists of a couple of fireprisms, an avatar, some dark reapers, a couple of autarchs, a farseer, a bunch of howling banshees( one or two squads?), a squad of striking scorpions, some shining spears and about 40 dire avengers. my GK force is three full squads of GK, no special weapons, and 9 terminators and a grandmaster w/ a psycannon.

my thoughts were that this combonation would be extremely powerful, because you have acurate shooting people (teh eldar) and tough cc units (teh GK) along with supporting cc units (teh other eldar). i also realize how unfluffy it would be for the avatar to be there, so he really isn't a part of this.

also, i could really use some fluff on how to fit nids on the same side as eldar and DH. i have a match in about a month and i am in charge of the fluff. the sides are nids(friend) DH& eldar(me) vs. tau and SM. 6000 pts on each side.

ty

Possesed One

Zoe: Doesn't the bible say something specific about killing?
    Preacher: Yes, but it's somewhat fuzzy on the subject of kneecaps.
    -Firefly

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by The Possesed One View Post
    I was wondering, is it possible to have GK w/ eldar allies in apocalypse?
    Well, you can do anything you want to, really. Fluff-wise, it seems to me that DHs would be the most likely faction of the Imperium to form a temporary alliance with the Eldar. They both despise Chaos, after all, possibly even more than they despise each other =). As you've noted, though, the Avatar would have no place in a force that includes Daemonhunters. The three links that would probably connect such a force (at least in my mind) would be a Farseers, Inquisitors, and Harlequins. They seem the most likely to temporarily put aside their differences in the interests of annihilating Chaos. So including any or all of the above would lend some fluffy support for your game.

also, i could really use some fluff on how to fit nids on the same side as eldar and DH.
    That's a tough one... maybe... uhhh.... maybe the 'nids in question are a splinter fleet from a section of the galaxy near a Tau/Space Marine conflict, and they've become specially adapted to hunt Tau and, uh, Space Marines? So they attack them first? Heh, I dunno, I can't really think of much reason 'nids would do anything but attack everything that's not themselves =).

Cheers,

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, i could really use some fluff on how to fit nids on the same side as eldar and DH. i have a match in about a month and i am in charge of the fluff. the sides are nids(friend) DH& eldar(me) vs. tau and SM. 6000 pts on each side.
    When I have a nid alliance with any non nid race, I explain it away with neuro implants in the Nid army that cut them off from the Hive mind and put them under (usually) Inquisition control, Experimental subjects from the Imperial Zoo or something to that effect. Of course, you could always use them as a "counts as" force for the purposes of the game, counting as mutant allies requisitioned by the inquisitor. (Although this alienates the Puritan Grey Knights. Hmmm...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

The space marines are allying with the Tau due to a recent Tyranid invasion through their neighbouring part of the galaxy. They see the Nids as their mutual enemy.
    They did infact fend off the invasion and a shaky alliance has remained.

Did you want the Nids to ally with the Grey Knights and Eldar?
    The Grey Knights suspect the alliance has eventuated from a bargain between the Tau and the Marines for some deamonic artifact that they know to be in the segmentum (the Eldar told them this by the way).
    The Grey Knights employ Xeno hunting pheramone technology to convince the remaining nids that they are allies and to continue the invasion so they can then wipe out the marines/Tau and any deamonic threat.

???
    Last edited by Plasma Catcher; November 2nd, 2007 at 18:47.
    It's worth a krak!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

I was wondering, is it possible to have GK w/ eldar allies in apocalypse? I have a small grey knights force and a rather large eldar force, but i was wondering if i could use them together, since that is the only way i could use them in apocalypse. neither of them are 3000 pts, but together they are about 3500 pts. my eldar force consists of a couple of fireprisms, an avatar, some dark reapers, a couple of autarchs, a farseer, a bunch of howling banshees( one or two squads?), a squad of striking scorpions, some shining spears and about 40 dire avengers. my GK force is three full squads of GK, no special weapons, and 9 terminators and a grandmaster w/ a psycannon.

Possesed One
    I played a game the other week with eldar. Fluff wise I brought a radical inquisitor and puritan inquisitor, I also told my mate that if my GK's were in contact with the daemon avatar at the end of the game they would kill him.... and they did

+ Reply to Thread