Chaos Rules For Loyal Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else sick of all the advantages chaos gets for seeming very little drawbacks? This is what I propose...

Chapter Redeemed

Use chaos codex for army construction.
    Can't use any of the daemonic models.
    The chapter has been brought back to loyalty to the emperor.
    Some pretty imaginative modeling and fluff will have to be invented.
    Drop daemonic gifts and add space marine weapon and vehicle choices.
    Greater daemon stats are used, but the models are "special character" dreadnoughts that count as HQ choices.

I'm not sure what fluff you can come up with to explain all the other abilities and stats, but that's up to the player.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

Does the fluff in general even allow for that sort of thing? I mean isn't the buisiness end of a bolter the only path to redemption and forgiveness? but hey if you can think of some kinda fluff that gets around this little problem it would be a cool idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

regular space marines get a whole bunch of benefits for being a specific chapter without any draw backs too. That aside, I dont see any thing that you have done that is worse than what gw some times does. Some of the things wont work out though. What do you do with all of the icons, and parks of chaos? if you don't have those, or deamons, you have regular space marines. It would be a lot easier to take a regular space marine army, and just give them access to the veterin skills in the chaos codex, since you are cutting out every thing else that is chaos. MAYBE if you had a fluffy reason, like they are trying to repent and join the imperial forces, they could cary deamon weapons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont understand your ideas, yes chaos have drawbacks, their on the side of disorder, they arnt balanced unless you take undivided, and all theoir mariens may be uber, but to make them good their like 19-25 points.
    Quote of the week: "dude, for a whole hour, i would fall asleep!"

Closed Thread