Army Type:Gren or Balances?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Army Type:Gren or Balances??

Hey Guys,

I have been playing IG for about two years now, but my army has remained pretty small. As I have debated how to expand my army, grenadies came into mind. They seem pretty cheap money wise, especially since there won't be that many squads of them. But I play marines and necro mostly, so am I better off using a balanced list or could a grenadiers list actually work well? Also, is it actually more cost effective?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A normal list is more cost effective as for having the numbers IG are known for but grenadiers and stormtroopers can be effective if used correctly. If you plan to build the army based on money cost the smaller army is the way to go but a large army is pretty satisfying on the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperialis_Dominatus View Post
    Clear rules, from GW? Never.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

See, now the more I have thought about it, my grenadiers army wouldn't be completely elite, it would probably end up a fusion of a grenadier and a balanced list. I will have a list posted on here tommorow. The thread can be moved then if so desired. You guys can butcher the list up all you want, it can only help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Synergy View Post
    A normal list is more cost effective as for having the numbers IG are known for but grenadiers and stormtroopers can be effective if used correctly. If you plan to build the army based on money cost the smaller army is the way to go but a large army is pretty satisfying on the table.
    Synergy hits it on the dot in his first sentence. If not used correctly they are not worth the trouble having. Smaller IG forces can be good but they have to be played differently than larger forces.

+ Reply to Thread