Bloodclaws Vs Tau Granates - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hy everyone.
    I will soon have a game with my Space Wolves against my Tau buddy, and there is one thing that bugs my, and that are this grenates tha tau have that let you loose your charge attack bonus. As bloodclaws get +2 attacks when chargeing this would surely hamper there skills, or do they just loose one of their 2 bonus attacks? (don´t realy believe this, but still better check it)

Still they are much cheaper then gray hunters, so I will devenitely field a large squad, and this way they will at least use their bold pistols to shot once in their liveat living enemies out of CC

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you have bloodclaws make sure not to get charged or the squad is toast
    W/L/T

Blood Angels 31-15-5
    WorldEaters 21-0-0
    Orks 15-20-0
    Space Wolves 6-2-2

I HAVE AN ADDICTION FOR WARHAMMER 40K AND I LIKE IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

By Tau? :lol:

I don't know of a Tau grenade that losews your bonus attacks, I know Plasma and EMP, but maybe some Tau experts can help you out
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they are called photon grenades and because the tau donßt like to charge but stand and shoot they don´t negate cover as you would expect, but negate you your charge bonus or something ... I don´t have the tau codex because I don´t play them, thats why I`m asking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photon grenades negate bonus attacks for charging, so yes, your blood claws would lose their +2 bonus on the charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Originally posted by JohnClark@Mar 26 2004, 232
    Photon grenades negate bonus attacks for charging, so yes, your blood claws would lose their +2 bonus on the charge.
    Eww, that's nasty :o

Well, it doesn't matter much, Tau still suck in combat, 2 attacks will be enough
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ==Me==@Mar 27 2004, 10:11
    Eww, that's nasty :o

Well, it doesn't matter much, Tau still suck in combat, 2 attacks will be enough
    Too true. Although I did have the ultimate tau triump against my friend who's a space wolves player. He assaulted my firewarrior squad with a half strength or so grey hunter squad. I killed three grey hunters, while all my firewarriors survived!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no they would not lose it because it is a specail rule that they have the only thing that might happen is that you would lose 1 and keep one aww well power weapons will take em

for that matter so could a misqetto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 19 of the Tau codex, under the entry 'Photon Grenades', states clearly that an enemy assaulting a model armed with photon grenades will not receive ANY bonus attacks for charging. Both of your bonus attacks will be lost, not just one. As previously stated, you'll probably have no trouble carving down the Tau in CC despite this setback.

PS. It's spelt 'mosquito'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Durandal's right, but you wont need those extra attacks. At a tourney I played in, a SW player got into HtH with my Tau with his scouts (forgot the specific name, the ones that come on from opponents side of the board) and took out a whole 12 man firewarrior squad and 3 pathfinders.

Basically hope your armor saves work out well on the shooting phases, then assault them.

If he keeps his firewarriors still at the back of the board, just avoid them, go for his more deadly units (crisis, hammerhead, stealth)

Happy Hunting

Closed Thread